DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blizzard

Ryrin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My uni campus was closed today, so if I had still been taking classes I wouldn't have had any. 

7fb5e193bb1690b8842538f653244db0121e9cd2

What needs to happen for work to close, Cindy? Level 3? 

Hmmm... my uni and work usually only close for level 3s but last I heard it only went up to level 2 last night... something to research

I'm not sure what the levels are. normally work doesn't ever close, whether there's a state of emergency or not. but in the last few months mayors and higher muckies have gotten in a lot of trouble for leaving schools and state offices open and mismanaging the snow clearing and highway closings and causing mayhem so we've had a few snow days lately.

today wasn't declared - well negotiate for it and lose but either way I have to use vacation time for it. but we are solidly snowed in so I declare Mac and cheese day.

I'm going to remain conspicuously silent on what the weather is like here . . . :huh:  . . . in the interest of my safety, of course.  :biggrin:

80s and humid?

Actually, it's a bit chilly today. We had freezing temps last night and the high today only got to about 52F.

I'm going to remain conspicuously silent on what the weather is like here . . . :huh:  . . . in the interest of my safety, of course.  :biggrin:

Me too. :)

I had to work but I would rather have gone to the beach and had fish and chips.

I wasn't respecting the snow enough. And I think there was ice hiding on the road.

*Shrug* didn't actually hit anything though, so I'm good!

And for the record, yes, I still love snow. I never said I was a fan of driving in it (though the view is very pretty)

The sun is shining today!  *does a happy dance*  And it's 59F.  But we may get more rain Sunday and/or Monday . . . :huh:

One of my friends posted on FB yesterday, "Do you realize that if it was 20 degrees colder, it would be snowing?"  (It was in the 40's and raining). 

It would be neat to have snow but I'm one of "those" people who have never driven in more than a snow flurry; even though I drive a big 4WD truck, I'd be housebound! LOL!  Hubby learned to drive Canada, though, so driving in snow is no big deal for him.

Archived