DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

unreliable novice

Rosetta

Rosetta was sitting in her room during her free time between chores and classes something that doesnt happen very often for a novice of the White Tower. No Sister or Accepted looking for help she just had time for her!

Sitting there doing nothing Rosetta was getting very bored having worked almost nonstop she was getting figity. After a little thinking Rosetta had it. She could do something interesting to her and still be helping Sisters.

So Rosetta jumped up and headed through the Tower hopeing noone stopped her. The Tower, for the time of day it was, was very quite and Rosetta didnt see any sisters and only one accepted whom she turned down another hall to keep from having to talk to her.

Finally she made it to her destination squared her shoulder and entered the infirmary. As soon as she entered she saw the Yellow Sister in charge and went to say hello. "Good evening Aes Sedai" she said wilth a curtsy that made her knees almost hit the floor.

“Ok, calm down dearie. You are going to be ok.” Cavana ran her hand slowly through the hair of the girl on the bed. With the other hand, she patted a damp cloth on her forehead and tried to cool her down. “You are in the infirmary and your fever finally broke.” It was a rare occasion when a novice was sick, and rarer still when they became so ill that their lives were on the line. Someone should have noticed previously that this poor child was ill and missing both classes and meals. Her roommates would be punished for such careless error for their future sister.

The girl opened up her eyes fully and saw the smiling Aes Sedai above her. Through cracked lips, she tried to speak, but Cavana silenced her softly, like a mother cooing to a babe. “Drink a little water, child.” She raised a glass from the table and held it to the girls lips, letting a small amount slip into the girl’s throat. She coughed slightly and Cavana held a spair towel to wipe at any that escaped. “Try that again.”

The girl coughed a little more, smiled slightly, and whispered thank you. Cavana simply nodded her head and continued pressing the cool cloth and stroking her hair. The girl was asleep soon after, and Cavana finally left her bedside. Going to the Accepted that had brought her down, Cavana made all of her height appear enormous to the girl that was infact taller than the Sitter. “Why, dear child, did it take you a fortnight to realize she was missing classes? As her mentor, you must not only challenge her and teach her, you must also nurture and care for her. How do you expect to be an Aes Sedai that cares for all when you cant even care for a simple novice?”

The girl seemed to shrink and the blood drained from her face. “Bring this girl’s roommates to me immediately, then report to the Mistress of Novices. She will have something to say about this, you can be sure of it.”

The girl ran off and Cavana glanced at the sleeping child, pity on her face. To be so alone and unloved that not even your roommates or mentor noticed your absence… twas a sad thing. How many other girls were being ignored and hurt like this one? Cavana was determined to now do a check up on them all. She had to make certain that the future Aes Sedai were healthy, happy, and protected.

Returning to her post at the entryway, Cavana made a quick note to speak with the mother about this. The Amyrlin Seat always seemed to see her side of reasoning and even if she didn’t, would surely have a suggestion to avoid instances like these occurring in the near future. The door to the infirmary opened again, and Cavana glanced up from her quill and parchment, surprised that the accepted had been so fast to find the roommates. She surely must have ran. However, it was another girl, a novice.

Smiling up to her, she watched as the girl almost fell over from a curtsy. "Good evening Aes Sedai" She said simply, and Cavana nodded her head once before rising from her chair.

“Hello, child, and what can I help you with?”

“Hello, child, and what can I help you with?”

When Rosetta looked into the face of the sister she had so second thoughts about comeing here ,but she came here for a reason and she wasnt going to leave without doing it.

"I'm not sick or anything Aes Sedai" Rosetta imedieatly regreted saying that at the look on the Sister's face but hurried on saying "I was wondering if you need any help in the infirmary?"

The novice looked a little scared at first, but spoke up. “I'm not sick or anything Aes Sedai" said the girl quickly. Was that all she thought that the yellows were for? They were mentors, teachers, caregivers… Honestly, someone needed to rewrite the history books. [/i]“I was wondering if you need any help in the infirmary?"[/i]

Cavana raised an eyebrow slowly and stared at the girl for a moment before beckoning her for a moment. The girl rushed up and Cavana led her around the corner to point. “Can you heal this girl and take care of her?” she asked, pointing at the novice she had been caring for a few moments before. The girl stared for a moment, and Cavana crossed her arms. “Meaningless tasks I can give to you, however, if you are looking for something meaningful, you may wish to find another sister. You are too young and weak to help out in the infirmary in the way we need help. Perhaps when you are an accepted, you may return.”

The girl on the bed began coughing and Cavana rushed to her, lifting a cup to her lips. “Drink, child, and you shall feel better soon.” Glancing up at the girl that wished for lessons, Cavana raised her eyebrow again. “Leave girl!”

Cavana