DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I feel silly for always starting a thread about this, but I can hardly contain my excitement! I got my plane tickets--and event ticket--for JordanCon last night! AND, my husband agreed to come with me this year. The first year, I went by myself. Last year, my sister came along. And now my husband will be subjected to all my crazy WoT obession. He's in for a shock, I think. :D

Anyone else planning on going? The Author Guest of Honor will be Saladin Ahmed, whom I've very happy to get to meet!

I was actually seriously thinking about going this year, but I wasn't able to visit my sister-in-law and her family in Colorado this past Thanksgiving, and I really just needed some bestie time with her. Mom-in-law actually mentioned that they really missed me. So I'm using the vacation time I'd reserved for J-Con to go to Colorado Springs.

Gonna reserve the time again next year and hope for no pleas from family members to come spend all my vacation with them.  *sigh*  :smile:

I'd love to but any "discretionary" funds and then some (had to get a small loan) got funneled into getting my truck's tranny rebuilt just before Christmas.  The van also needs new tires before heading off on a 300 mile (each way) road trip . . . I'm hoping to shake those funds loose from the budget this paycheck but that still won't leave anything for hotel and JordanCon tickets and food.

IOW, not this year.  :sad:

I hope I'm not going to be all alone...

Pretty sure that's not possible considering Jenn is guaranteed to attend lol