DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

sorry so absent

Gudrean

Just wanted to drop a line to say Hey!!! and let everyone know why I have been so absent lately.

Myself and my family have been dealing with some super flu. We have been sick for going on 9 weeks now,

never ending cough, especially bad for me. sometimes hacking so bad it hurts my muscles in my legs and back.

I even threw out my tailbone coughing one day. Also sinus infection that comes for a week and clears up, or so

you believe, and then back again!!!!  My daughter Rhianna even has strep throat on top of it all, along with her already

immunocompromised body from her normal health problems, she has become quite malnourished and gaunt from loosing

so much weight, she looks like a skeleton =(  We are very worried, and a few experienced, vomiting, chills, fevers,

and other yucky parts of flu off and on. It's crazy, just when we think it's clearing up , more symptoms.

Hope to be healthy soon and back at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I still have this dang sinus problem with a cough...starting to think maybe it is fungal? 

So I spent a week in the children's hospital with my daughter Rhianna (10) long story short she had a surgery to put in a tube for draining the massive amounts of ascites that had collected over the last two years and had a few other procedures and is now taking a med they called chemo??? but is actually used to help transplants take. This drug has had great response in shrinking the tumors in the 6 kids that have the exact same condition she has and in turn reabsorbed the fluid, with no reoccurrences as to date. They say the tube will stay in as long as she is on the drug or until all tumors are gone and no fluid returns, could be as long as 3 years. keep us in your prayers.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks ladies, she is doing much better now and so am I. I had walking pneumonia and I used a protocol of oil of oregano and vitamin D to kick it, it's not all gone yet but I am breathing easier and coughing less often and way less violently when I do, also the coughs are breaking stuff up and out now!!! YAY!!

Archived