DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I really hope this one works.....

Okdes

Hello, website. This is the FIFTH BLOODY ACCOUNT I've had to make for this to work. So, if you're reading this, I'd like you to know that I am a dedicated Wheel of Time fan. That being said, I'm not afraid to call out the books weaker points (Because Light knows they exist). I'm also a Lord Mat fan. Yes, I called him a bloody lord only because he dislikes it. I very much enjoy his story lines, much more than Rand and Perrin. I also think the series took a major dip around Crown of Swords, which it picked up from at the very end of Knife of Dreams. Sanderson finished it off beautifully, and the last three books are probably my favorite. 

It took my two years and eight months to finish the series. I got the first three as a birthday present back in August of 2011. I finished it as of April, 2014. 

I am on my 3rd reread of the Wheel of time, currently stuck on the terrible part where it is Elayne complaining about being pregnant while doing Light knows what. I practically go into a vegetative bloody state every time I try to read it.

My least favorite book is Path of Daggers, due to the total lack of my favorite character, Mat. 

That's about it. 

I tried to make several, but for some reason, they kept getting deleted. I'm not sure how or why, but they just suddenly weren't there anymore. I blame my internet going out while it was trying to process them, leading to the profiles not being truly saved on here. Anyway, that's all behind me. Now, I'm good.

Welcome Okdes,

I'm sorry to hear you had troubles getting your account activated but am glad that you finally managed to get up and posting. Since  you've finished the series I'll suggest you try to check out the Discussion Boards where you may start or join in on discussions based off of the series and its characters.

In addition to that we have some awesome social groups which can be a great way for you to meet and get to know some of the people around the site. Each group has their own draw and all of them have some great members (Many of us are members of multiple groups). If any of the groups appeal to you then feel free to apply for as many of them as you'd like. On a side note, the parts of the groups you can see now are just the tip of the ice-burg, once you join a group you'll be added to their private boards. Since you mentioned Mat as your favorite character, I too would pick him as my favorite of the three Ta'veren, I'll start with the group he founded... If you have any questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & food, I should be able to answer them (I'm the Band's Exececutive Officer). If you have any questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, I should also be able to answer those (I'm Logain, leader of the light faction). Other than those two groups I can't help you however just post here or in their general board and I'm sure their members will be more than happy to help answer your questions about their group. From my experiance, many of the groups seem to have a little RP mixed in however do not mainly focus on it.

Hope to see you around the site and, mopst importantly, HAVE FUN!!!

Hey Okdes! 

Welcome to DM! I'll echo Nikon and say that you should definitely check out the discussion boards and the social groups.... Like the Band of the Red Hand...
Especially the Band of the Red Hand... Come to the Band!...  :tongue: We're a crazy sort of group, but we love to have fun and chat with one another. 

Hope to see you around!!!

Archived