DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cleanse the Tower - Black Tower Mafia Day 2

Darthe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your point about the red text is illogical due to the fact that it automatically becomes red when you type in the vote code, and anything less than 24 hours benefits mafia because the shorter amount of time town has, the more likely it will be to be picked off due to the fact that not everybody knows who town is.

A townie is going to die day 1. Accept it, and focus on using D1 to develop sufficient information to make that sacrifice meaningful.  Spending more time on D1 spam and silliness isn't beneficial to the town in the long run when the game has a total time clock that benefits scum

A townie is going to die day 1. Accept it, and focus on using D1 to develop sufficient information to make that sacrifice meaningful.

That's pretty fatalistic. I've been in several games recently where scum were lynched Day 1. It's not some absurd anomaly.

Your point about the red text is illogical due to the fact that it automatically becomes red when you type in the vote code, and anything less than 24 hours benefits mafia because the shorter amount of time town has, the more likely it will be to be picked off due to the fact that not everybody knows who town is.

A townie is going to die day 1. Accept it, and focus on using D1 to develop sufficient information to make that sacrifice meaningful.  Spending more time on D1 spam and silliness isn't beneficial to the town in the long run when the game has a total time clock that benefits scum

I am not understanding what you see in my post that shows silliness... While there is a greater chance of losing a townie, there is no guarantee that we won't lynch scum... My saying that those who want less time are more likely to benefit mafia should be seen as a valid point because the less amount of day there is, the quicker they can night kill a member of town, so therefore mafia is likely to be among those who don't want a long day... This will be good to keep in mind when deciding who to lynch...

A townie is going to die day 1. Accept it, and focus on using D1 to develop sufficient information to make that sacrifice meaningful.

That's pretty fatalistic. I've been in several games recently where scum were lynched Day 1. It's not some absurd anomaly.

No, it's not.  It probably happens about 25% of the time.

The D1 lynch is essentially random.  Yes, yes, it's based on conduct D1, but without sufficient context to evaluate that conduct (i.e. information about anyone's alignment but your own), and barring extreme cases, choosing a lynch candidate D1 based on scumminess is about as effective as throwing darts.  And in a game in which 3:1 town ratio is standard, that means D1 randomness alone would lead to a scum lynch in roughly 1/4 games.  And, of course, note that the actual number is probably less than that, because scum tend to not want their mates lynched, and act to suppress that possibility (which generates information for later lynches).

Frankly, Yates, I'm surprised that I need to point out the importance of context and its absence's impact on D1, given your strenuous arguments about the importance of context to D1 casing in Tress' game currently running on the mafia board.  I guess that inconsistency in theoretical approach to D1 could mean you're scum either here or there, huh?

I am not understanding what you see in my post that shows silliness... While there is a greater chance of losing a townie, there is no guarantee that we won't lynch scum... My saying that those who want less time are more likely to benefit mafia should be seen as a valid point because the less amount of day there is, the quicker they can night kill a member of town, so therefore mafia is likely to be among those who don't want a long day... This will be good to keep in mind when deciding who to lynch...

1) Of course there's no guarantee; it's merely statistically and experientially unlikely.  There's also no guarantee that I won't win the lottery; it's merely statistically and experientially unlikely (obviously, orders of magnitude more unlikely than lynching scum D1).  But organizing my life on the assumption that a statistically unlikely event will occur probably isn't the wisest course.  Which leads to:

2) Lynching scum on D1 really has nothing at all to do with the length of the day.  Maybe things have changed greatly since I last played here, but I doubt it; D1 is usually primarily silliness and joke votes until pressure starts close to deadline and then, as Albert Breer puts it, Deadlines Drive Action and people start really playing the game.  Given that we only have 8 total days for this game, that days ending without a true majority lynch candidate is pro-mafia (especially as the game goes on) and that nights will use up 12 hours of that time each time, no matter how long day is, allocating scarce resources (game time) to D1, when they'll mostly be misused, isn't the right play here.

Time Count:

12 hours: Len, Kivam

16 hours: EP, Locke

24 hours: Tina, Dice, Thane, Tommy, Yates, RTE, WoT13

48 hours: Turin

Hours remaining: 192

13/16 checked in

Deadline in just under an hour!

Al'Lan Mandragoran stood in perfect balance, Heron Wading in the Rushes.  His blade was a blunted version of the Heron-Marked blade that both he and his opponent normally carried yet it was still perfectly balanced, a sword with few equals.  Apart from him Rand stood in the same form.  He was not certain why the boy had called him out to the courtyard but knew that advisers were impatiently waiting at the edge of their sparring circle.  Just as Lan's eyes flashed over to the advisors Rand cut into motion.  

Kingfisher Takes a Silverback was met with Low Wind Rising, became Boar Rushes Down the Mountain and Rand was forced back a pace.  Rand twisted into Unfolding the Fan and Lan had to quickly duck and backstep to avoid the blade.  That was a reckless move by his one-time protege, he thought.  He didn't have time for more as Rand charged him with Boar Rushes Down the Mountain, but instead of blocking it Lan stepped quickly to the side and came up into Reaping the Barley, smacking The Dragon Reborn firmly in the ribs above his wounded side.  

Rand looked over at Lan, panting, and gave him a firm nod.  They exchanged brief nods and by that time the advisers had made it to them.  He turned to face one of them, a Dedicated hidden among the pack, and whatever the boy told him Rand looked grimmer for it.  He gave a curt nod and the boy was off.

It is now Day ONE.  You have 24 hours to achieve a lynch.  

Remember that as a hybrid hammer a majority is not needed, but should you reach majority day will be ended and all unused time will go back into the pot.  

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.  

COUNTDOWN 24 HOURS

you seem pretty forward on Yates... any specific reason?

Yep.  As I posted above, don't like the inconsistency in his theoretical approach to this game.  Which is about as good a reason as any to choose a candidate for vote number 1.

Archived