DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello everyone!

ATL

I'm 19 year old guy from Finland. I'm currently at army(which ends 18th December.. Finally..) and after that I'll stay about month in Finland and then go to Australia to study sports science at Gold Coast. When my army service started I discovered that there were quite a lot free time at our service time which is when you can't use phone or any eletronic devices. Also when we had our first 3 day camp I discovered that my phone's battery ran out first evening. That's when I started to look something to read which would fill those times. That's when I ran into Jordan's books. I instantly liked it if nothing else, because of how long it is. I mean everyone knows that pain when really good book you have been reading ends and you just fill empty for a while. Right.. right?

Anyways I started to read it and enjoyed every page. At least at the start. While it worked really well as time filler in barracs I still ran into problem at camps. While my phone battery may have ran out first evening at earlier camp this time pages ran out of my book. While you could say "take more books with you"... Well there isn't too much space for your own stuff after you have packed everything required. But I guess little bit of socializing every now and then aren't that bad. 

Currently I'm on book 16 in finnish which would equal first half of book 7 in english, Crown of Swords. Basically I'm on part where Rand has been saved from Elaida's people and where Mat is trying to deal with Elayne and Nynaeve who are discussing with Sea Folks about the bowl. 

Realizing that I'm about halfway makes me sad. While most of the time I enjoy reading it there has been some parts and even one book when all I wanted to do was scream, rip my hair(if I would have any.. since army..) and rewrite the whole part. So many times when I wanted somehow to scream at one of the characters to do something differently or act different. I have to admit that after Salidar came into the picture I always hated when storytelling went from Rand or Mat etc. to Elayne and Nynaeve. Also part when Rand went to meet Verin and Alanna I was so angry since I wouldn't have gone and also I wanted him to shield them from the start. Then when Alanna made her little trick... Well I just put book away and didn't touch it again that day. ^^ 

Well anyways I'm excited to join and probably find some place to out my rage or hapiness with the book and actions of people in it with all other great stuff I have seen this forum has to offer. I'm a bit overwhelmed by somestuff and don't quite understand some. One question I could think as starters is that what social groups are and like what differences they have etc. Basically what are social groups for and how they work.

ps. Sorry for going like Loial talking about books here..

Welcome to DM!!! While book spoilers can be anywhere, I'd be very cautious in the discussion forums.

I spend my time in the Social Groups. Each group has a sticky at the top of the forum that expains what the group is about and how to join. You can join as many as you like.

I am a Green Aes Sedai in the White Tower and Warders. Please stop by. FYI, you cannot see all of the boards there until you join. The groups are a great way to meet other WoT fans and to participate in various fun activities.

If you need any help, just let us know.

Are you excited about going to school? What are you studying?

P.S I wanted to pull my hair out too!

Atl,

As Ryrin said I'd be careful around the discussion boards until you finish your first readthrough, there are possible spoilers which you may not care to find out before you reach them in the books.

Until you finish the series you might enjoy checking out our social groups which are a great way for you to meet and get to know some of the people around the site. Each group has their own draw and all of them have some great members (Many of us are members of multiple groups). If any of the groups appeal to you then feel free to apply for as many of them as you'd like. If you have any questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & food, I should be able to answer them (I'm the Band's Exececutive Officer). If you have any questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, I should also be able to answer those (I'm Logain, leader of the light faction). Other than those two groups I can't help you however just post here or in their general board and I'm sure their members will be more than happy to help answer your questions about their group. Also, as Ryrin said, what you can see is only a small part of each group... They all have members only parts thay you can explore after joining the group(s),

Explore the site and see where you'd like to go!

Archived