DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Theory on how Rand beats the dark one

Indiangangster

well really its how Rand prevents him from breaking free again...

(spoilers from previous books below)

we all know that history repeats itself in randland, because of the wheel of time so: the dark one is prisoned, prison is broken, dark one is prisoned again, the dark one is prisoned, prison is broken, dark one is prisoned again,the dark one is prisoned, prison is broken, dark one is prisoned again.......

you get the idea, so what if Rand was to break the wheel of time.... somehow make time go forward instead of circles

how he would do this i have no idea, maybe balefire?

anyways so what do you guys think of my theory?

Guest Barmacral

Actually, RJ has stated that the Dark one's prison being bored into is not always a part of the cycle, and its possible that it may never be bored into again.

As for breaking the wheel of time, I think that would kill everyone because to break the wheel you'd probably have to destory most if not all the threads in the pattern in the process. Besides which, this would only help the Dark One towards his goal, as he plans on destroying the wheel as soon as he breaks free anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
he gets every aes sedai to stop being so friggin arrogant that u wann shoot them' date=' to link wiht him and the black towwer. then he shoots balefire so powerful the dark one never existed. peace forever.[/quote']

If, by "peace forever", you mean that that much balefire (enough to make it so DO never existed, would sear the pattern like a kleenex thrown on a bonfire, thus erasing everyone who ever existed...

well really its how Rand prevents him from breaking free again...

(spoilers from previous books below)

we all know that history repeats itself in randland' date=' because of the wheel of time so: the dark one is prisoned, prison is broken, dark one is prisoned again, the dark one is prisoned, prison is broken, dark one is prisoned again,the dark one is prisoned, prison is broken, dark one is prisoned again.......

you get the idea, so what if Rand was to break the wheel of time.... somehow make time go forward instead of circles

how he would do this i have no idea, maybe balefire?

anyways so what do you guys think of my theory?[/quote']

I just want to say that it has been made VERY clear in the books that history DOES NOT repeat itself.

Rand has said already that if he is to win, he must do what the previous DRs didn't do.

Archived