DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Big Hello From Miami Florida! :-D

BadWolfLobo

Hi guys! I'm Lobo from Miami, fl. I'm a first time reader of The Wheel Of Time and I'm currently on book 4 "The Shadow Rising". This series is amazing so far! I have so many views, comments, and questions I can't wait to share. I look forward to hearing all your opinions as well, and becoming a thriving active member of this forum! :-D

Glad I found you all! Stay blessed & happy reading until we chat again!

Your new book buddy,

Lobo The Big Bad Wolf

Hi Lobo, and welcome to Dragonmount!

Since you are only on book 4, I'd recommend staying away from the book discussion board unless you don't mind spoilers.  I'd also like to invite you to explore the rest of DM.  The social groups are fantastic and are a great place to hang out with other WoT fans.  I've been a member of several social groups but am currently only active in the White Tower.  We also have role play groups if you are interested in doing some WoT related role playing.

Again, welcome, and if you have any questions just shout them out!

Hi, Lobo!! We are very happy to have you! Ditto on the warnings about book spoilers in the discussion forums since you haven't finished the books yet.

You have a standing invitation to visit the White Tower and Warders and all of the social groups! You can join as many as you wish. I hope to see you there.

Please keep in mind that you will not be able to see all of the forums in the social groups until and if you decide to join.

If you have questions, just let us know.

Hi Lobo,

I'm Ithi. I'm in a few social groups and occasionally play Mafia.

The WoT discussion board is now open to spoilers from all the books up to the end ...

But if you want to talk about something specific you can post your own thread and title it 'up to book 4' for example. Most WoTers are ver understanding of spoilers and letting newer readers enjoy the series at their own pace.

And yup Social Groups are very good for helping you get to know folks better also.

Thank you Daruya and Ryrin!! :-D I'm excited to participate and yes!!! No spoilers for me! Truth be told, I can't even stop reading to post right now. The series is just that good. Once I get a little further I will explore the board & groups! I can't wait

I know that feeling!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Lobo,

As many others have stated, be wary of the Discussion Board if you don't want to read any possible spoilers.  If you do post there be sure to let others know where you are in the series and whether you want them to limit their responses to what you should know at that point in the series.

A few members also mentioned the social groups which can be a great way for you to meet and get to know some of the people around the site. Each group has their own draw and all of them have some great members (Many of us are members of multiple groups). If any of the groups appeal to you then feel free to apply for as many of them as you'd like. If you have any questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & food, I should be able to answer them (I'm the Band's Exececutive Officer). If you have any questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, I should also be able to answer those (I'm Logain, leader of the light faction). Other than those two groups I can't help you however just post here or in their general board and I'm sure their members will be more than happy to help answer your questions about their group.

Archived