DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

oh god... Elayne

Bobster

OK, well I dont know about you peoples, I read the series only once but I trully despise Elayne. I mean, it aggrivated me so much the way she treated Mat, how she sees him as a 'loyal sybject' and whatnot. I found myself reading and hoping that in some miraculous way she will die... I still hope she dies...

I guess some can defend her in some ways, though I doubt I will change my mind on how much i want somethin to happen to her, but I would like to see what all of you think about her and her attitude towards Mat.

Haha. Yes she can be rude to Mat, but sometimes he really does deserve it. And she's a noble, and Mat is from her kingdom. Therefore, she views him as her subject. She may not control him like she would a real subject, that's just how Elayne is. She really is a nice person though, in most aspects. You just have to remember she's a noble, and they are used to viewing people that way, and she's a queen, which amplifies that characteristic. I personally like her. She's not my favourite, (that spot is reserved for Min and Nynaeve ;) ), but I still think she's sweet.

Yeah, I guess I'l have to agree that her being a noble probably does make her act the way she does.

I used to like her too, but as the story progressed I found her more and more annoying, and now with her being pregnant, with her mood swings and all, I just cant stand her. I plan to re-read the series, and I'm pretty sure that when I do, I won't have the strengh needed to read about her, and probably just skip her altogether.

One can see where Elayne's coming from in Morgase, but thankfully Elayne doesn't at least yet have her pride. I don't know if Morgase has yet come to terms being alike with Breane, but she'll have a tough time, as useful as her manner was as queen. I don't really blame Elayne for how she treated Mat, she has after all hardly ever met any people toward which she wasn't expected to be the Daughter-Heir, if not in disguise or in the Tower, and it won't help her ruling Andor to appear something else at least in public. Though she certainly has things to learn yet, the maybe she's learned some on the way.

And Mat is the prince of the Ravens now (The poor fool). I still find it funny that he didn't realise he was going to become nobility through the courting process. Elayne isn't bad once you understand her upbringing, and out of many of the strong female characters in the series she is less set with the belief that her way is the only way.

Personally for me that goes to Egwene. Her stance on thinking she should control Rand and subvert his efforts gets really annoying throughout the books. Partly because she started as Rand's friends but later in the series I sense she just wants to use Rand like a tool much like Elaida. To me this is more evident because one of the biggest issues I see facing the good side is the lack of communication, and Egwene was in the best position to fix the problem but chose not to.

Prince of ravens now, but i believe soon he shall be a emperor(after Tuon's mourning is finished). I wanna see what strokes Elayne and ewgene are going to get if desides to act against them. With Seanchan army and his memories i believe he can make white tower to tremble(Ewgene's dreams about Seanchan attack).

I'm dreading Elayne's parts after considering a re-read of the series for a sixth time prior to reading books 10 and 11.

She was a jerk to Mat, plain and simple.

I'm hoping Perrin will get her off her high horse when she confronts him about the 'new' Manethern/Two Rivers.

Prince of ravens now, but i believe soon he shall be a emperor(after Tuon's mourning is finished). I wanna see what strokes Elayne and ewgene are going to get if desides to act against them. With Seanchan army and his memories i believe he can make white tower to tremble(Ewgene's dreams about Seanchan attack).

Nah I seriously doubt that Mat would ever attack Egwene or Elayne...Mat has too much loyalty in him to do that.

Prince of ravens now' date=' but i believe soon he shall be a emperor(after Tuon's mourning is finished). I wanna see what strokes Elayne and ewgene are going to get if desides to act against them. With Seanchan army and his memories i believe he can make white tower to tremble(Ewgene's dreams about Seanchan attack).[/quote']

Not emporer, but something more than Prince of Ravens; maybe Prince of the Nine Moons?

I have to admit, I didn't like Elayne much either (especially since I like Mat so much), but after Avienda's telling her she had toh to him in CoS (I think) she got a little better.

I actually enjoyed reading her power struggle for the throne in KoD... despite her "I can't be hurt... I have babies to make!" fits.

Prince of ravens now' date=' but i believe soon he shall be a emperor(after Tuon's mourning is finished). I wanna see what strokes Elayne and ewgene are going to get if desides to act against them. With Seanchan army and his memories i believe he can make white tower to tremble(Ewgene's dreams about Seanchan attack).[/quote']

Nah I seriously doubt that Mat would ever attack Egwene or Elayne...Mat has too much loyalty in him to do that.

I think so too, but i like to dream many differend things that could happen. like what would happen if atha mier tries to order cadsuane to become teacher or how gentle she will be to nynauve when she hears about that bargain. Shall she break semihage and hunt masema after discovering her location. maeby i should start some what if tread.

Everyone here is real hard on Elayne. You have to look at Matt from her point of view. Matt is one of her subjects and she is royalty and expects to be obeyed when she gives a subject a command.

Elyane has also been told of all of Matt's faults

by Ewgene and Newanye. In the the early books Matt

is presented as a lay about near do well drinking gambeling and wenching.

Its not until the latter books that Matt's character is more fully developed and he is not around the Three young Aes Sedai.

Im'm Lookiong forward to seeing thir reaction when

they find out Matt is the Prince of Ravens. Matt will not gain the Title Prince of the Nine Moons

that is Tuons title. It seems to me that Senachan

titles are Portents of things to come.

I'm waiting for Tuon to send some members of the Bloodguard and a few Gardners to look after her husband to insure nothing happens to him.

At least Matt does not have to put up with Tuons

overprotective handmaiden any longer he just order her to make herself scarce.

The fact that also kinda made me pretty furious was when all the Aes Sedai, mainly Elayne, said how Mat's medalion does not belong to him and how they tried to take it away from him. And when he didn't want to give it up they experimented on him with the Power. Damn Aes Sedai....Elayne especially...

You gotta remember, this is a group of people that command respect out of fear and yet believe it to be not so.

As well as the fact that Elayne and Nyneave are the types to think that force is only considered force when someone uses it on them and not in the reverse.

Yeah... I really think RJ has some sort of reverse gender dominance thing going on in Randland.

Considering how numerous gender sterotypes are reversed in his world. Woman aggravate me in this world...

In part, thats deliberate. He's created a society where for 3000 years, women have had an exclusive lock on the Power, and the men who have it are cursed purely by their gender. That would have a real effect on any society that developed, which RJ has shown in many of the ways the various societies work.

theres a difference between strong women ( aiel women) and arrogant female dogs that need to be put down (the majority of wetlanders) its mostly randland thats to blame. aiel are fine, im positive shara is and seanchan, even the lands of madness the women are normal!!!

IT DONT MATTER IF UR NOBILITY.

mat is smarter than u elayne. he could kick your ass. hes now has more money than u ever will.

OH and also, u noticed he treats his soldiers NICE not like inferiors? u nitcie none of them betrya him? u have no reason to be arrogant.

i hate elayne she used to be allright...but then ew.

i know my thread i started (WOMEN) seems biased...no i love women....alot :D but only in everyland, rela and fictional EXCEPT randland. screw women in randland.

elayne is horrible. i think the one i hate most is Nyna-i gotta have my way cuz im the friggin creator-vea. i hate one of my fav characters loves her =(

lmao i like that...elayne "i am the daughter heir of andor!!" shai'tan: "yeah well (violate, torture, burn violate torture burn) that got u far. aes_sedai=wrong: "

theres a difference between strong women ( aiel women) and arrogant female dogs that need to be put down (the majority of wetlanders) its mostly randland thats to blame. aiel are fine, im positive shara is and seanchan, even the lands of madness the women are normal!!!

IT DONT MATTER IF UR NOBILITY.

mat is smarter than u elayne. he could kick your ass. hes now has more money than u ever will.

OH and also, u noticed he treats his soldiers NICE not like inferiors? u nitcie none of them betrya him? u have no reason to be arrogant.

i hate elayne she used to be allright...but then ew.

i know my thread i started (WOMEN) seems biased...no i love women....alot :D but only in everyland, rela and fictional EXCEPT randland. screw women in randland.

elayne is horrible. i think the one i hate most is Nyna-i gotta have my way cuz im the friggin creator-vea. i hate one of my fav characters loves her =(

lmao i like that...elayne "i am the daughter heir of andor!!" shai'tan: "yeah well (violate, torture, burn violate torture burn) that got u far. aes_sedai=wrong: " u see? now if u had been like mat, or any sane person u wouldnt have gotten that!!! now ur tortured for all eternitiy. happy now?"

Archived