DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
mb

'Wheel of Time' e-book

I seen 1 other e-book that was nearly as expensive; a James Bond omnibus (in a foreign language).

less expensive e-books are generally smaller in size.

edit::

the price might lower over time.

Edited by mb

It's simply not worth that much money. It costs nothing to print or store or ship. The files had already been prepared for the individual editions. The cover is strictly generic. There is no extra content. Really it should be cheaper to buy it in omnibus form. Much, much cheaper. 

Not sure how they came up with the price.  nor am I sure if there is any standard for e-book pricing.

Printed omnibuses generally cost slightly less than the total of the individual editions.  That should also apply to e-book omnibuses.

Not sure how they came up with the price.  nor am I sure if there is any standard for e-book pricing.

That is one of my major issues with ebooks: their pricing isn't really based on anything. I'm not saying WOT isn't worth $100.00, it's just the format. No ebook is worth that much money in my opinion. You're not getting anything but raw text. And god forbid your finger should slip :P imagine losing your place in the middle of say book six? You'd be hard pressed to find it again! 

The omnibus actually contains 15 books; the main 14 + the prequel.

individual e-books::

7 are $7.99; books 1-2, 5, 7-9, 11

3 are $8.99; books 0, 4, 10

5 are $9.99; books 3, 6, 12-14