DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Elaevia

Wedding Inspiration Help

Hi all you creative people - I'm wandering if I can pick your brains a little bit.

I am getting married next May *very over excited dance*. When I was born my grandmother made lots and lots of bobbin lace in anticipation of my wedding to incorporate into my dress, veil etc. Now, a mere 30 years later I am in a position to use it.

But here is my dilemma: I am not intending to have a veil, so that is out. My dress already has a lace trim (in quite a different style) so that is out. She made garters, so I can wear those, but would also like to use some of it in a more visible way (so that means that putting it on the underskirts. I have thought about making it in to flowers for the bouquet, but we're not going for a vintage theme or anything, so that might look a bit random. I've also thought to wrap it round the base of the bouquet, but that's all my ideas really!

There are four different types, of slightly different styles and widths: one of 7.5 meters, one of 3 meters, one of 4 meters and one of 13 meters. Any thoughts you had on how to use any of it would be so appreciated!

thanky!

I'm sure one of the crafters will be here soon to help you out! Fashions and patterns and sewing have never quite sat well in my head, so I'll be of limited help there. But in any case, best of luck with your wedding!

Well I don't think the making into flowers is for a vintage theme only. Although I had a fifties-inspired dress, that wasn't why I chose I non-fresh flowers boquet, that was simply because I wanted to be able to keep it later (wich was a theme in most of our wedding atire). You could do a combo; make flowers of them and also have fresh flowers, and wrap the base with it.

And even if you're not gonna have a veil, if you have some that are ribbon-format, it could be incorprated into your hairdo? Or be made into a type of headress?

https://img1.etsystatic.com/025/1/5339857/il_fullxfull.504387537_p3ip.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gq4iu7lRS5c/T60wKlz3RnI/AAAAAAAAARQ/6xQxG2s8USg/s200/Adele+Vintage+Ribbon+Bridal+Headband+with+Rhinestone+BR+6283-2.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/06/35/cf/0635cfc59f55b5963e607985296111c2.jpg

The one that's 13 meters I'd save if I were you, use it to trim a bed quilt or something, so that you can enjoy it every day :)

ooooooo - those are so pretty Mish! and trimming a bedspread  - I hadn't thought of that - or maybe cushions or something  - ideas flowing already I knew this was the right place to come!

And thank you Sherper! :smile:

I thought I didn't, but I do!

IMG_20140817_115259_zps1ea4084e.jpg

IMG_20140817_115208_zps7357a481.jpg

3 meters of this

IMG_20140817_115024_zps61bcb336.jpg

7.5 meters of this

IMG_20140817_114910_zpsb0bc47ca.jpg

Edited by Elaevia

Something like this would be cute using that third one...

4a594ecf8de4f49debb6352841c980a1.jpg

e94816d3b1e9be0f3525df65aa2586f9.jpg

The second or last one would make a cute headband or hair piece as well.

Also, you could even put some of it around the edges of your guest book or incorporate it into your isle decorations some how. In my bouquet, I had the florist twine purple ribbon through my flowers, could do that with some of the lace as well.

Edited by Ahmyra al'Ruley

another great idea!

we haven't even started to look at decorations yet - so there might be something we can do for the tables as well

Those are all great ideas!  Unfortunately, I don't have anything to add right now.  My ideas are rarely my own.  I get inspiration from other people/places.  I'll look on Pinterest and see if there's other ideas not mentioned yet.

Personally, I like the idea of wrapping them around the flowers.  Very beautiful!

Those are beautiful!

I like the idea of using them on the bouquet (not so sure I would want to use them on table decorations or anything that was going to get thrown away in the end though!)

Maybe you could also use them to cover the photo album/guest book, or a large photo frame?

Do you do Christmas?

I've always found that making or getting something for the holiday season is a great way of remembering good times. Decorations come out every year and when you see them each year they make you smile.

So maybe a nice fancy table cloth and an angel tree topper?

Hey everyone, thank you all for your ideas! I will probably be using a few of this in the future as things I can have in my home for years to come!

What I have decided to do for the day itself is to use the lace to trim a bag. I will use it to put a few essentials in (perfume, tissues, touch up for make up etc).

I have looked for a bag a like, but because I am triming it I wanted a plain one, but couldn't find anything, so I've decided to make it myself (eek because I have never done anything like that before).

I have bought the material (it's ivory silk - well not actual silk, but looks like it) and some bonda-webb type stuff as I really don't think my sewing skills are up to this! I have bought some teal / turquoise fabric as well to maybe put on the bottom internal gusset for a flash of colour.

So any tips for me before I get started?

sorry i'm late to this.  first congrads on the nuptuals!!

my first suggestion would have been a hand bag! so great choice there ^_^

i never would have thought about using it as wrapping for the bouquet, thats also a great idea imo!

a few other ideas.

- gloves, or trim on your gloves.

- trim on the flower girl basket and accents on the ring pillow

i know you said you're not wearing a veil, some brides opt for a birdcage veil.   you might also incorporate it in you hair piece ^_^

you could make a choker necklace out of it.  and for the Moms and Grandmoms corsages you can incorporate the lace to tie their flowers in with your dress.