DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Salut!

Diana Petrescu

Currently on book 4 Shadow Rising (though it's technically my 5th since I started with New Spring). I'm from Romania, started reading the series after two of my fantasy-nut buddies talked to me INCESSANTLY about it.

I've always been more of a Sci-Fi person than a Fantasy person. In fact I think A song of Ice and Fire was the first BIG fantasy series I ever got into (and that again because it came highly recommended). Didn't read Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or Narnia or anything of the sort growing up. Was busy with Herbert, Phillip K. Dick, Isaac Asimov, Star Wars Books and the like. I've come to realise I live in Sci-fi, but I vacation in Fantasy. :)

So from that I tried this and so far I'm liking it. New Spring was the hardest to get through. :) Kept getting that feeling of: "I bet this is important but I don't know why". :P

Looking forward to talking about it the more I get into it. Very reassuring to know I got stuff to read for years to come (I'm a pretty slow reader).

Welcome to DM! I read New Spring after The Dragon Reborn so it answered a lot of questions I had. Be very careful going into the book discussion forum so you don't get the series spoiled for you. You might drop by the social groups. That's a good way to meet people.

Hello and welcome to Dragonmount!

We have so much for you to see here but, since you are only part-way the series. Our discussion boards are where you can go to discuss various aspects and theories, just be sure if you start a thread there to mention how far along you are and ask that people be considerate of possible spoilers.

I'd highly suggest you spend some time checking out our social groups to see if you think you might enjoy joining any, they also give you a chance to meet a few of our members. (Join as many as you'd like) If you have questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, I should be able to answer them (I'm Logain, leader of the light faction). If you have questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & eating out, I should also be able to answer them (I'm the Band's Exececutive Officer). Unfortunately I can't offer much help answering questions about our other Social Groups but I'm sure if you have any and post them here someone will be able to answer them for you.

Lastly DM has a few Role Play groups which, though I am not a part of, I do understand appeals to some people.  The social groups seem to have light RP elements but mainly focus on interacting with the other members of that group.  I assume the RP threads are for those who like to fully immerse themselves in their character and am sure that some of our RP people, like sherper here, can probably answer any questions you may have.

Archived