DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Dwynwen

Post pictures of yourself - just for fun!

Try a new angle next time maybe?

Try a new face and personality next time maybe?

Nyn

Funnelroll (thanks Tyler) and cute babies! What more do we need?

Edited by Ryrin

Oh my goodness I love your birds! 

I have a friend who runs a bird rescue - they are so amazing!

And you are beautiful Ry - I love getting to put a face to your name :biggrin:

Edited by Aidanna

1459842_10152059417956830_377012564_n.jp

I curled my hair all hobbit-like when we were going to The Hobbit on Tuesday! It was lovely, never had such good curls before, but it didn't last more than two hours, lol. Noot enough hairspray!

Thanks Gud, Wolfie, Aida and Mish!!! Sorry your curls didn't hold. Hopefully the movie was good. I want your eyes.

Edited by Ryrin

Well they looked mighty pretty as long as they were there! It was worth the work, I looked like a hobbit when I came to the cinema *nods*

I do love my eyes. It's my favourite part of my looks.

How did you name your birds, Ry?

I used to have a female cockotail named Cookie when I was younger.

I was never much of a bird person but I got her as a birthday gift for my 20th bday. I had a friend that his dad busied himself with hand feeding them so she was very friendly and liked to hang with me. She was only in her cage at night and I just fell in love with her, bird lover or not :)   And even though it took me months, she learned to say her name too lol

I really miss her.

NuritCookie.jpg

Nyn

Edited by Nynaeve

How did you name your birds, Ry?

I used to have a female cockotail named Cookie when I was younger.

I was never much of a bird person but I got her as a birthday gift for my 20th bday. I had a friend that his dad busied himself with hand feeding them so she was very friendly and liked to hang with me. She was only in her cage at night and I just fell in love with her, bird lover or not :)   And even though it took me months, she learned to say her name too lol

I really miss her.

NuritCookie.jpg

Nyn

Lovely picture!!!!

I was just like you, not really into birds at all.  My husband's family always had been.  I am a social worker and one of the care-providers has a large green parrot named Andy.  When I would visit the facility Andy would talk to me.   One day I got a call from this care-provider that she had a friend who needed a new home for her small parrot right away. They brought him over with his cage and everything.  His name was already "Kiwi."  The cockatiel came from a friend and co-worker.  Her grandsons had named him "Sonic" after a cartoon, I think.

When I am on my porch and the window is open, it sounds like a South American rain forest.  Both birds are very affectionate.  When I come in the door both are making a lot of noise and I hear "Hi, Kiwi........  Kiwi Bird........Love Kiwi.....Kiwi.Kiwi.Kiwi.... and sometimes Kiwi makes a barking sound (I have 3 dogs) when I ask him "where are the dogs?"  Lol.  The cockatiel mimics sounds.  He can do a whiny puppy, the buzzer to the dryer and whatever else he hears.  He likes to nest in my hair.  When I ask Sonic to sing to me, he sits on my shoulder, puts his beak in my ear and chirps very low.  He has a beautiful voice too whereas Kiwi talks and squawks.  I just love both of them. 

Is your bird at your parent's home or did he pass?

Lovely picture!!!!

I was just like you, not really into birds at all.  My husband's family always had been.  I am a social worker and one of the care-providers has a large green parrot named Andy.  When I would visit the facility Andy would talk to me.   One day I got a call from this care-provider that she had a friend who needed a new home for her small parrot right away. They brought him over with his cage and everything.  His name was already "Kiwi."  The cockatiel came from a friend and co-worker.  Her grandsons had named him "Sonic" after a cartoon, I think.

When I am on my porch and the window is open, it sounds like a South American rain forest.  Both birds are very affectionate.  When I come in the door both are making a lot of noise and I hear "Hi, Kiwi........  Kiwi Bird........Love Kiwi.....Kiwi.Kiwi.Kiwi.... and sometimes Kiwi makes a barking sound (I have 3 dogs) when I ask him "where are the dogs?"  Lol.  The cockatiel mimics sounds.  He can do a whiny puppy, the buzzer to the dryer and whatever else he hears.  He likes to nest in my hair.  When I ask Sonic to sing to me, he sits on my shoulder, puts his beak in my ear and chirps very low.  He has a beautiful voice too whereas Kiwi talks and squawks.  I just love both of them. 

Sadly we left the window open one day and she flew out.   :(

Nyn

Wow, Ryr, you are great and so brave with the birds, I would have been scared. Mish, Leelou, you know I adore your looks but Aida, I don't see pics of you so often - you have such a beautiful smile, you have to share it more often :smile:

If I could, I would have died my hair red like Mish or Nyn but it's midnight black now and couldn't do a thing about it.

Lovely picture!!!!

Sadly we left the window open one day and she flew out.   :(

Nyn

That happened when I had a parakeet.  A friend was watching her while we were out of town.  I loved her and her name was Candi.    :(

Wow Aida! :wub:

Wow, Ryr, you are great and so brave with the birds, I would have been scared. Mish, Leelou, you know I adore your looks but Aida, I don't see pics of you so often - you have such a beautiful smile, you have to share it more often :smile:

If I could, I would have died my hair red like Mish or Nyn but it's midnight black now and couldn't do a thing about it.

If you start colouring it with henna (wich is what I use) you'll start off with red highlights in the sunlight, and the more often you colour it, the deeper red it'll be, even over the black you have now. But with henna, it's a long-time project. I started in May (had chemical red hair from before), I've dyed it four times since then, and I'm about halfway to the colour I'm aiming for. Henna layers in your hair, the more times you dye it, the deeper the colour becomes. Except in my blonde roots, they're always pretty fire orange red, lol.