DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Dwynwen

Post pictures of yourself - just for fun!

Except that "Ne′phesh" occurs 754 times in the Masoretic text of the Hebrew Scriptures. "Nesha.mah", by contrast, is not widely translated "soul", but generally rendered something along the lines of "breath of life" from God and appears much less frequently- in fact I'm not sure it appears outside of the book of Genesis. I can provide scholastic references if you like. Of course we havnt touched on renderings of the word "Ru'ach" yet either.

If you dont want to discuss it, thats fine, but you can hardly just say "im right but i refuse to talk about it."

Except that "Ne′phesh" occurs 754 times in the Masoretic text of the Hebrew Scriptures. "Nesha.mah", by contrast, is not widely translated "soul", but generally rendered something along the lines of "breath of life" from God and appears much less frequently- in fact I'm not sure it appears outside of the book of Genesis. I can provide scholastic references if you like. Of course we havnt touched on renderings of the word "Ru'ach" yet either.

If you dont want to discuss it, thats fine, but you can hardly just say "im right but i refuse to talk about it."

I'm not saying I'm right and I don't want to talk about it. I'm saying I used a different word, and I didn't learn Torah with English translations. I used the word I meant.

you are a nefesh. you have a nishamah. these concepts are not contradictory.

and again, I see no kitties or babies nor even grown up ppl pointing cameras at themselves and I have a sad.

except then I see the brony sig and am amused.

er... no rainbow text anymore?

Auction finished today. Havnt changed the sig yet.

At this point I'm guessing you are Jewish then. Which is likely where we are diverging as I am debating biblical translation and you are debating a belief system.

If you think that that is merely me being rude:

“The belief that the soul continues its existence after the dissolution of the body is a matter of philosophical or theological speculation rather than of simple faith, and is accordingly nowhere expressly taught in Holy Scripture.”—The Jewish Encyclopedia (1910), Vol. VI, p. 564.

not rude at all, just waiting for mother to holler at me for hijacking the thread and in general I try not to debate belief, i didn't realize where this would go. I'm impressed with your scholarship.

fwiw, as I said to someone else in another SG... I doubt you'd get two Jews to agree on a point of religious belief. o

or anything else, lol :)

Here is a baby - this is Emma when she was younger. I had to get a photo of her hair after she sleeps!

l73oRS4.jpg

Edited by Aidanna

Here is a baby - this is Emma when she was younger. I had to get a photo of her hair after she sleeps!

Cute lil baby :D

you guys don't remember the bud clydesdales do yas?

and neither does photobucket :(

aw shucks they were lovely beasts.

I loved those horses!

Happy Thanksgiving from Colorado and little Emma!

6IcRXM6.jpg