DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Dwynwen

Post pictures of yourself - just for fun!

Oh, yes, I remember that episode, but we all know it's a joke. I love red-haired ladies, just look at my siggie - the first that took my attentionamong a series and it features a red-head. Thanks Mish :smile:

Love the banjo Kronos, wish I could hear you play!!

Aida, lovely smile and love the red hair =))

Cindy kitteh, your neice is super cute and most def get's some of dem good looks from her beautiful Auntie  :wink:

Oh no, then it must be correct!

:ohmy: NOOO!!  :wink:

I guess I willingly gave away my soul then :laugh:

Me too!!!!!

Love the banjo Kronos, wish I could hear you play!!

Aida, lovely smile and love the red hair =))

Cindy kitteh, your neice is super cute and most def get's some of dem good looks from her beautiful Auntie  :wink:

Thanks Gud!

And Cindy - your niece is super cute! 

Oh I'm sure there are jokes abound but it's worth it to have hair so lovely!

I wanted to dye my hair almost the exact shade of yours but it would look silly with my rosey red cheeks haha!

I was about to say the same thing! Lol

Also, the Blue Ajah is always so welcoming to guests, and Daruya Sedai, Head of the Blue Ajah, was one of the first people to welcome me to the White Tower and Warders.

Oh, yes, I remember that episode, but we all know it's a joke.

Do we?

my sainted sister and my angelic new baby niece and my beloved Basel are all ginger.

yes. yes we do.

I'm not too sure about the Canadian epis tho...

Go team ginger!

What a sweet kitty! My kitty is like the opposite of ginger haha.

Your cat has a soul?!

Hahaha - he is a black kitty, very similar to the first one of Cindy's  :wink:

This is Chaos!

sbGJ30g.jpg

South Park... at least that's where I think it comes from...

Nah South Park just did an ep on it

They didn't invent it though

So where does it come from?

I believe South Park made it common knowledge (if you will) but I think it has origins in medieval times or something

Yeah.. red headed women were burnt as witches, I believe.

I believe South Park made it common knowledge (if you will) but I think it has origins in medieval times or something

you know - I didn't think you guys were right at first, then I tried to find the origin, and it looks like they might even talk about it (in slightly different words) in the bible! I totally didn't know that!

EEEK!

ah well, screw them.

Redheads are the business.

Red hair was sometimes used as grounds for calling someone a witch. A common variant was that it had to be red hair and green eyes.

you know - I didn't think you guys were right at first, then I tried to find the origin, and it looks like they might even talk about it (in slightly different words) in the bible! I totally didn't know that!

EEEK!

Not exactly true. A red headed women is used to depict false religion in the book of revelation but no where in the bible does it say that all red headed men or women are any different from anyone else or should be discriminated against or treated differently.

Then again if you look into original hebrew etymology you'd discover that no one actually posesses a soul, but i guess thats a subject for a different time, or at least a different thread.

Edited by The_Fnorrll_Reborn

EEEK!

Not exactly true. A red headed women is used to depict false religion in the book of revelation but no where in the bible does it say that all red headed men or women are any different from anyone else or should be discriminated against or treated differently.

Then again if you look into original hebrew etymology you'd discover that no one actually posesses a soul, but i guess thats a subject for a different time, or at least a different thread.

nishamah

soul

Hebrew.

ayup.

it's heaven that's in question, not nishamah.

I think you mean Ne'phesh, Cindy- a hebrew word describing AS a living being, not something a living being posseses, and curiously, not something considered immortal- IE surviving of death. Ergo we do not possess immortal souls- rather, we ARE living souls. According to ancient hebrew belief systems at least.

We can continue this discussion if you like, but throw up a new thread :) and yes, the concept of heaven is also an interesting subject.

Edited by The_Fnorrll_Reborn

lol, no, I meant nishamah, and nephesh is close in meaning but as you point out a wee bit different.

nah, no homilitic exegesis or ancient judaica nor Kabbalah today, I'd rather look at kitties and babies :smile: