• Mats thing(im still on the 5th book)
    • Sword
    • Quarter staff
    • Knife
    • Axe
    • Bow and arrows
    • Aiel spears
    • Fists

The polls are all done, if you haven't voted in any of them you better do so quickly. On Sunday, April 9, the finals will begin.

The tenth poll question is Who is your favorite foreigner?

note: Loial isnt really a foreigner to Randland, but Ogier are seperate societies, and I havent been able to place him in a poll question yet, so I made this one specifically to put him in, and some more of the Aiel which have been under represented (Aviendha).

Poll 1: Who is your favorite Forsaken

Poll 2: Who is your favorite Military Leader

Poll 3: Who is your favorite Aes Sedai

Poll 4: Who is your favorite Land Ruler

Poll 5: Who is your favorite Post-Breaking Pre-Rand Character

Poll 6: Who is your favorite Blademaster

Poll 7: Who is your favorite of the original travellers

Poll 8: Who is your favorite warder

Poll 9: Who is your favorite Asha'man

Poll 10: Who is your favorite foreigner

Not entirely... Remember that the Forsaken was as shocked as everyone else when Nynaeve al'Meara and Damer Flinn invented Healing Severing. That was something unheard of even in the AoL. So Dashiva couldn't have taught him that (is that right, grammaticaly?)

Aside from that, though: where do you get the impression? *Curious*

Moric of the Singing Wind sept of the Miagoma aiel

Guest cwestervelt

If I remember right, Flinn had already started experimenting with healing. We don't have anything that says Dashiva did more than encourage him to keep it up. Dashiva actually stood to gain by having Flinn's experimentation as he might pick up stuff himself. Plus you had the "kindred spirit" of the inventor concept.

But, why put in Dashiva at all? RJ put Dashiva into that episode for a reason. I still say Dashiva had more to do with it than simple "encouragement"

Which also doesn't sit right with me, why would Dashiva befriend and encourage another Ashaman? He's a Forsaken, the big, bad, evil guy. I think Dashiva steered Flinn into learning some weaves that would help Rand survive to TG.

No, I don't think so.

First of: it still perfectly possible that he just encouraged Damer Flinn and maybe gave him just some basic hints.

Second: He wouldn't be ABLE to give more than that. Healing Severing was thought IMPOSSIBLE even in the AoL, for the Lights sake.

Third: Even if Dashiva did (maybe because he was afraid of being Severed himself). Why would he wan't to keep Rand al'Thor alive? All of the Forsaken except Moridin (who is the only one more or less completely loyal to the Dark One) looks after their own interests. That include being named Nae'blis (Demandred didn't give up even after Moridin was raised to Nae'blis-hood). We all now that the Car'a'carn had been promised/tempted with just that if he went over to the Dark Side. All of them was forbidden to kill Rand al'Thor but if they tricked another FS into doing the deed they'd take out TWO rivals for Nae'blis (the Car'a'carn AND the poor sod killing him). We have seen both PoVs AND plots leading to just that.

So if they all want to have someone else kill the Dragon Reborn, why give him more weapons to fight back?

This is why I think Dashiva did nothing more than at most encourage. At most.

Moric of the Singing Wind sept of the Miagoma aiel

Remember Flinn had been healing his own injuries when he was a soldier for years before Taim found him. I'm sure Dashiva and Taim helped him by showing him how to make weaves he may not have thought of, but their weaves were used as weapons for the most part. Dashiva meddled with his healing while he was training with Taim to hone his already efficent skill.

Archived