DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

But it was a beginning

Ryan J Mäki

Hello, I'm new to the site and to forums in general, that is unless my car needs work or I can't figure out my phone:) I started the Wheel of Time when I was thirteen. Twenty-one years and 10,173 pages later I finished it. It took me four hours and as many glasses of scotch to read the last few chapters. The story itself continues to amaze me, even though by now the characters in it seem like old friends. I just wanted to join DM and maybe make some new ones who got as much out of it as I did.

I certainly did. :)

Hello and Welcome to DM. Have you had a chance to explore? We have a discussion forum, social groups, and a role play area where you can write your own character into a WoT setting. Don't be afraid to ask questions or let us know you need help.

I serve the Green Ajah in the White Towr and Warders.

Ryrin

Ahha! I was right. :) Goody!

Well, I had one Finnish friend (from a Star Wars forum) and while we were chatting about an upcoming rp arc he mentioned something about boys on skis with machine guns and a Winter War. Two years later, I needed a research project and for some reason I remembered what he'd said. The result was shocked surprise from the professor, a personal library on Finland that is bigger than that of the neighboring university, two projects that got me awesome grades, and a request from the professor to use my material in future classes. That's the background. I was studying Finnish independence (officially happened on my birthday!!!) and the Winter War, the events in the middle and Finland's impact on WWII in the Russo-German arena. I still love Finland.

Ironically, I know another Finn, but his family came to America when he was very young and were of the opinion that their children should be raised as Americans. He's quite elderly now, but ... I know more about Finland than he does. *sad sigh*

I tried for months to find a Finnish correspondent, and had no luck whatsoever.

Hello, I'm new to the site and to forums in general, that is unless my car needs work or I can't figure out my phone:) I started the Wheel of Time when I was thirteen. Twenty-one years and 10,173 pages later I finished it. It took me four hours and as many glasses of scotch to read the last few chapters. The story itself continues to amaze me, even though by now the characters in it seem like old friends. I just wanted to join DM and maybe make some new ones who got as much out of it as I did.

You came to the right place - welcome.

Archived