DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Best news EVER

dawnflower8

Apparently he is going to be doing a book signing at a local bookstore, that bookstore called the school district to ask if they wanted him to do an author visit, and obviously we said yes. I'm really excited to get writing advice from him and get my huge stack of his books signed.

• Community Administrator

I've never heard of him visiting a school--besides Brigham Young where he teaches and has done done book signings.

I think it would be awesome if he did visit more schools. He's becoming a bit more popular with the YA crowd, so getting him more well know would be a plus!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow, lucky you.  :smile:

Give him a banana for me.  :laugh:

Apparently he only likes bananas that are underripe. That makes him only partially a darkfriend, I guess.

Anyway, the author visit was awesome and I got all my books signed! (and got my friends to come and buy his books) 

I'll post pictures later.

• Community Administrator

Also, Brandon Sanderson says hi to all of you.

He is so wonderful! I hope he never looses that personal fondness for fans. Some authors (like Rothfuss at JordanCon) don't have that good relationship with fans. He kept us all at a distance, while Brandon was so welcoming and kind.

Archived