DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
blank

Dating

10 years feels like an acceptable distance apart, but more than that and you start approaching the distance where one could be the child of the other.  Of course, if two people with a large age gap really get each other, who am I to judge?

1) What is your opinion currently or previously on dating?

It is good to get to know people so you can see if you are compatible.

2) What is the best date you've ever been on? Going to the mall.

3) If you have a current partner, what was your first date like? I haven't had a partner in years and now that I think back on it, I was too young.

if it isnt pedophilia, then dont know how its anyones concern how much older someone is than the other in a relationshhip. the man who i would call my partnerr is easily old enough to be my father and i dont see whats the problem with that, i have lot of choice words and more for anyone who woulld want to somehow make that their problem. 

I'd say whatever you're both comfortable with.

I think Seinfeld said half your age plus seven but he married a teenybopper so there ya go.

Edited by Mrs. Cindy Gill

10 years feels like an acceptable distance apart, but more than that and you start approaching the distance where one could be the child of the other.  Of course, if two people with a large age gap really get each other, who am I to judge?

I think it depends...  My middle sister is married to a man 12 years older than she.  If one partner is 40 and the other 55 there doesn't seem to be that much of a gap, IMO.

If one is 18 and the other 30, legally there is no problem, but it seems to me that both are in different phases of life.  Long term compatability may be a concern.  Ultimately, unless one is legally a minor, it is up to the two individuals involved.

I think it depends...  My middle sister is married to a man 12 years older than she.  If one partner is 40 and the other 55 there doesn't seem to be that much of a gap, IMO.

If one is 18 and the other 30, legally there is no problem, but it seems to me that both are in different phases of life.  Long term compatability may be a concern.  Ultimately, unless one is legally a minor, it is up to the two individuals involved.

Correct.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, if two people are meant to be, then props to them!  The reason I mentioned 10 years as a benchmark number is that beyond that, experiences of major events and life checkpoints can start to become significantly different.  For example, someone who was 14 when 9/11, the moon landing, JFK's assassination, or any other huge event happened will never forget it.  Someone who is 4 won't remember a thing.  Things later in life, like retirement, also might happen at significantly different times. 

I suppose being a relatively younger person myself affects my outlook on it - when you're young, a year is a VERY long time.  As I get older, time seems to speed up, so maybe 10 years isn't as long as it once seemed to be as you get older. 

I've always felt that what any consenting couple or group chooses to do behing closed doors is none of my business. Same goes for who they choose to be in a relationship with. My best friend in high school and quite a few years beyond is married to someone 15 or so years older than she. They've been together all these years and are still happy. Kudos to them.