DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Marriage Knife Sheath Colors

Phaldun

Before anyone answers this, please keep in mind that I have read every book except the last one. So please don't spill the beans on any details from AMOL.

I am very currious about this question because I have searched the web for a long time this morning and I cannot find the answer. Does anyone know what color an Altaran Marriage Knife Sheath is when the Husband is still alive and they are happily married?

Mahalo for your time,

Ian

Before anyone answers this, please keep in mind that I have read every book except the last one. So please don't spill the beans on any details from AMOL.

I am very currious about this question because I have searched the web for a long time this morning and I cannot find the answer. Does anyone know what color an Altaran Marriage Knife Sheath is when the Husband is still alive and they are happily married?

Mahalo for your time,

Ian

I assumed there was not specific color to a normal marriage knife, and that it depended on the taste of a the couple, and what they could afford, much like engagement and wedding bands now.  

One would assume since jewels or colored glass were set into them that they were a metal, likely gold or silver, later maybe overlaid in white (iirc) to indicate the husband died.  There were colors for a dead husband for one who would not remarry like Tylins I believe, and another for one whose husband has died but is open to the possibility of taking another.  I hope this is further explained along with the stone colors and the banding around them in the Companion coming out.

Archived