DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Outlander [Starz]

SinisterDeath

I really enjoyed it. This section of the first book was one of the more controversial, but they did a good job putting it in context by having Jamie as the narrator / viewpoint character. And the acting was excellent.

And then there was some heat. :laugh:

The beating was the controversy i was thinking of - being in Jamie's head instead of Claire's helped with the context i think. There are some who will find it unforgivable regardless, but the way they did it emphasized how Jamie learned from the whole situation.

And the sex scene back at the castle was smokin' :laugh:

I recommended the series to a nurse that I work with, and over the weekend she managed to catch the new episode.

Unfortunately I neglected to mention that there was likely to be nudity involved. :unsure:

On the bright side, her elderly mother and her 12 year old son were not in the room during either the beating scene or the steamy scene at the end.

Whoops.

So I called my ISP on Tuesday because my internet was cutting in and out, and while I was on the phone with them they offered me a cable package with a pretty small, crappy selection of digital cable channels, but with free Starz, HBO and Encore for a year for only $20 more per month than I was paying for Internet alone.

And said package comes with access to the HBO Go and Starz Play websites/apps.

And apparently on Starz Play you can watch that night's episode of Outlander early.  It's not supposed to be on for another 3 hours here, but I watched it an hour ago online. :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived