DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings

Esmerelda

New to these boards but not to WoT; been reading since 1998 or so when I was 14. I guess you could say I am a long-time fan. ;) I was a bit disappointed at the direction the series took with WH in 2000, so I didn't actually pick the series back up until last August; re-read all the way from Books 1-11 and the New Spring.

My favorite characters are Moiraine, Egwene, Nynaeve and Mat, but I suppose those are popular choices.

I have been lurking on the forums for a while, and I love reading the different theories. So, I'll post my own thoughts sometime. ;)

A bit about me...I'm 22 years old, live in Florida, and work as a substace abuse case manager/counselor at my local community mental health clinic. I plan to go to graduate school in a couple years for my doctorate degree in Psychology. I'm an avid reader and video gamer. I'm just a really nerdy person overall. :P

Oh, and INTERESTING TRIVIA... my name IRL is Miren, which is evidently one of Min's aunts and suspiciously similar to Lanfear's real name Mierin (this garners teasing from my other WoT fan friends). I have been told on more than one occasion that I look just like how people have envisioned Moiraine...very small, dark hair, dark eyes, pale skin. I may go to Dragoncon later this year and cosplay for the first time in my life as her. ;) Watch out!

Nice to meet everyone! :P

Guest Barmacral

I've not been around here long, but you might be suprised at Egwene's popularity. Please note, Egwene the Amrylin is not to be confused with Egwene the Forum Troll. The Amrylin is the one that I figure you might be suprised at.

Glad to have you with us,

Barm

P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong, my memory is a little fuzzy on this one, but isn't your RL name rather similar to the Yellow Ajah Damane who is in Tuon's command?

P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong' date=' my memory is a little fuzzy on this one, but isn't your RL name rather similar to the Yellow Ajah Damane who is in Tuon's command?[/quote']

It's a little late for me right now, but what was her name? I don't remember it being that close, though maybe it was. :P

Thanks for the welcomes. :)

Welcome Esmerelda!

This is a great site! Now that you have joined there are several things available to you taht weren't before. There are several ORGs that do different things. Then there's the RPing. But I am here as a rep from an unofficial org.

Fiddlesticks! This is one of the more layed back, easy goin', realxing, places on DM. Whenever you feel like taking a load off or just want to meet the nutiest cool people on the board come on by! Don't be scared if the posts don't make much sense at first... they aren't supposed to! random conversations pop up and turn in suprisingly akward ways.

We play an online version of the game Mafia.(shameleas plug ahead) I am moding the next game so if you're interested come on by and sign up I need more people!!

So I guess what I am trying to say is, Welcome indeed..

Woo-hoo! I'm all about randomness and being laid-back when I can. I was actually surprised when I first visited these boards to see what an extensive community you all have here. :)

This username I have is a character name I use in a lot of games, namely MMO's. I've never been one for roleplaying or anything, but seeing everyone's sigs, and all of the things I have thought of myself, I am trying to formulate a character in my mind. Esmerelda would most certainly be an Aes Sedai, without question. However, of which Ajah has yet to be determined...

What always strikes me as odd is that, even though Esmerelda is a pretty uncommon name, Miren is even more uncommon. I about fainted when I actually saw my name in a WoT book.

welcome to dm lol

*shameless plug*

i represent the wolfkin a laid back org similar to fiddlesticks but a little more structured.

*hands a TQ*

thats our official drink that tq is short for tequila so...

well swing by and check us out if you got time were having a bit of a party hope you can come say hey to us

*stretches out after a good night sleep and finds she has overnight turned into a... TROLL????!!! :shock: *

ahm... excuse me for a moment, Miren, got some business to attend to first! *clubs Barmacral round the ears*

ah, yes... where was I?

Hey, good to see you Miren. Having a real life WoT name? Wow, that is pretty unusual! If you like randomness, definately take up Boyo's suggestion of visiting Fiddlesticks. The Mafia game in progress at the moment is a hoot! Well, once I got over the shock of getting killed the first night, I settled down in heaven with Danya (who got killed the first day) and we are having a great time watching the game from our little balcony cloud *g*.

You ought to give RP a go... they have several big story lines about to start. There is a planned attack on Tanchico by the Seanchan and some trouble in Cairhien... good time to jump in.

Though... bad news... if you want to become an Aes Sedai, I think both, the WT Org and the WT Division make you start from sratch... as a novice. So dig out that scrubbing brush :wink:

And if you want to get in on the Book discussions, here is a good tool to have at your disposal... http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/

Have fun :)

thats not even half of it E.

White tower and warders is about to batle shayol ghul forces over Kandor

The Aiels is curently hunting down trollocs in caemlyn while Jason (our dragon reborn) is batteling Rahvin

the dragons forces of several types is about to attack Illian to restore the throne to its rigthfull owner and chase of the thiving chosen who is holding it now

and even more is in the planing which hasnt been posted public sign ups for

we're on a roll in the RP

and SG to my happyness is rigth there in the midle of it

to visit our sites and forums for more info simply click my sig pic ;)

Thanks for the warm welcomes. ;)

As for MMO's I have mainly played FFXI, WoW, and Guild Wars. I'm a pretty hardcore WoW player, but don't worry, I'm not your typical bnet kiddie.

I'm going to be doing a lot of poking around the different forums here and reading a lot of stuff in the next couple of days. That is why lulls at work are so great! I'm a little sad at being "done" with WoT for now...in high school my friends and I got bored after we finished all the books so together we wrote (well I mainly wrote it but they helped) a really hilarious WoT fanfic/play...essentially it didn't feature WoT characters, but my friends, classmates and teachers as characters in a WoT-like world. Hilarity ensued. *tear* I miss the innocence of HS.

And yes, I was one of THOSE really nerdy people in high school...though you wouldn't know it by looking at me, I guess. Oh, if only my coworkers knew what I think about all day! :D

Guest Barmacral

*Cringes*

*Tries to distract Egwene* "Oh look! An Aes Sedai!"

*Flee's hoping that the distraction worked*

**Please note, forum troll as I tell it is not to be confused with the ugly LoTR troll, the Jamacian WoW Troll, or the definition of the internet troll: I make my own definitions. And being one, damn sexy if I may say so myself.**

Its always fun to find other WoW players out there (altho I am in between subscriptions, and just being your typical bnet junkie in the meantime).

And because I don't think I've actually said this before: Welcome!

Barm

:lol: oh, ok... now that you have cleared up the definition, Barm, I supose I can live with it *G*

Don't forget, Miren, one book still to come... oh, it is just going to be soooo worth the wait!! I think the day it comes out, this place is going to be deserted for 24hrs and at that point you see a lot of bleary eyed people walking around, lol

Yeah, I CANNOT wait for AMOL. However, I'm not sure if I'll end up undertaking re-reading the whole series again, depending on the time lapse between now and release. I suppose if I'm always keeping my mind fresh on these forums, that there's maybe not so much of a reason to. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: *dries tears of laughter*

Oh, Miren!! The penny only just dropped, lol... there was me thinking... Esmerelda... sounds ever so familiar... You're GRANNY!!!! My favourite person in all of Discworld! 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: *dries tears of laughter*

Oh' date=' Miren!! The penny only just dropped, lol... there was me thinking... Esmerelda... sounds ever so familiar... You're GRANNY!!!! My favourite person in all of Discworld! 8)[/quote']

Hellz yeah. I'm the most badass witch there is! :D

I love Terry Pratchett as well. ;)

I started off with Granny... then got onto DEATH and have read some of the Rincewind ones lately *g*. When you meet Granny, you also get to know Nanny Ogg... another person worth knowing :lol:

Archived