DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi, I'm New

Meridian

Hello Dm Community. I just finished Wheel of Time (it's absorbed my life the past two months), and it's nice to find there are people out there who also love it. Most of my friends have never heard of it, and those who have, have never read it.

I've been watching this site for several weeks now and finally worked up the nerve to join. :)

I have a few questions regarding social groups and rp groups, but without an account I could not ask them prior to joining. So, if anyone knows who I should talk to, please don't hesitate to advise.

Welcome, Meridian!

Ask away, regulars from all of the social groups and a good handful of RP'ers regularly check this forum. And once we know more specifically what you're looking to find out, we'll know who to direct you to if none of us know the answers. :laugh:

Thank you.

In that case, Social Groups first. I hope to join the White Tower, but if one joins a specific group does this mean that one does not interact with the others? For instance, I'd potentially like to talk with the Ogiers.

On to Roleplay Groups. I've been involved on various roleplay sites over the years, and one of the things that immediately caught my eye here is the amount of rules and regulations. While intimidating, I am happy to see it. I've read a lot over the past few weeks, but if I do mess up somewhere, it is not from malicious intent, so point it out and I'll rectify it. When it comes to the Aes Sedai, what is the average amount of time it takes to become full Aes Sedai? There are occasional days where I cannot post (I work two jobs and sometimes have no energy), but I am online often. Will this be a problem?

Lastly, for the moment, who do I talk to about creating a character bio?

I'd like to personally welcome you to the White Tower, Meridian. I am a Green Sitter there. :) The good news is that you can join as many social groups as you wish!!! Once you are a member of the White Tower you will be able to see all of the boards there.

There are requirements to become an Aes Sedai or Warder. Lots of us here work, are in school, and take care of children or other family members. You are encouraged to take time in choosing your path and meeting requirements. There is no rush.

People will help you and welcome you in the role play boards too.

Hi Meridian, welcome!

just to add to what Ryrin said about Social Groups - you don't have to be a member of a Social Group to post on the boards, and in fact their are regular 'invitations' between groups - for example the Aiel has recently invited everyone from all the other groups to their public boards for an event they are running. But once you do join a social group you start to get access to more and more boards, so feel free to join as many as interest you!

Thank you both! I know what I'll be doing either tonight after work or tomorrow afternoon. :) As someone who works two jobs, I am happy to find out that there is an understanding of the requirements of real life here.

I've read through the Aes Sedai requirements, and honestly, I am greatly pleased. I want to start from the bottom and work upwards (so much more room for character development and growth that way) as I feel like it makes a much more rewarding story. The detail put into the White Tower is amazing. Awesome job there, and frankly, it is one of the things that really attracts me to this site. Though, more specifically my question was as to how long it generally takes to become an Aes Sedai in character, whether two years real-time or more?

Ryrin, when reading through some of the White Tower information, I did notice something intriguing about the Green Ajah specifically, but is it appropriate to ask here, or should I send you a pm?

*jumps in for rp questions*

Welcome to DM, Meridian!  :)

Until about a month ago, I was the MoN for the White Tower RP group.  :)  The amount of time it takes to go from novice to Aes Sedai is totally dependent on you...well, 90%, anyway...  I'd say if you're totally gung-ho, the minimum to finish the requirements is a month.  That's usually when things are active.  if they're kind of slow, maybe about two.  My first character became an Aes Sedai after a month, but I was a little busier with my next one, and even more so with the third.  lol  I didn't have to go through all the requirements for all three, but I did.

Things are kind of slow right now, but you can always ask an rper with an Aes Sedai character to help out, or even have a character be played in retro (Aes Sedai characters can be played as Accepted or novices through retro-active roleplaying.  It's pretty handy.)

Welcome to DM Meridan!!

and yeah you can join any and as many social orgs   (waits for tress to comment) as you want. They all have their own reason for being in a way. their own themes i guess. Im a member of the Band of the Red Hand  which has a music and travel theme, the Black Tower home of crazy crazy spam, the Ogier tho im a very bad one and never get there and the Wolfkin.  Oh and ive stuck a toe in the White Tower waters too

they have their themes but it usually boils down to the people. and we have some AWESOME people here!

my advice??  stick your head into each Org for a brief time and see what you think about them.

Welcome to Dragonmount!

In addition to the RP pages be sure to check out our social groups to see if you think you might enjoy joining any. (Join as many as you'd like)

If you have questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, I should be able to answer them (I'm Logain, leader of the light faction).

If you have questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & eating out, I should also be able to answer them (I'm leader of the Archers).

Unfortunately I can't offer much help answering questions about the RP pages or other Social Groups but I'm sure if you have any and post them here someone will be able to answer them for you.

AhHA!!! The Mistress of Novices! *pounces* In a most respectful way, might I add! The rp side is what finally made me decide to join the site. :) I cannot wait to get started, but, I still have a couple questions, so I'll send you a pm. (A month?! Good gracious that's fast.)

Thank you, Dice, Nikon, and Songstress. I've already sent in the form for the White Tower social group, but I plan on looking in at the others too. Music and travel is necessities of life.

welcome to dm meridian. im a member of a few social groups, namely the wolfkin, aiel, ogier and white tower. the wolfkin has a nature/environmental theme and we are a very egalitarian bunch lol, so if just looking for relaxed, non-hierarchical social group, drop by a visit sometime. we have chili and tequila

Archived