DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The songs/books/films that everyone loves except you

Niniel

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we include stuff we haven't ever seen and don't ever want to, or is it limited to stuff we saw and hated?

I have never seen Titanic. You will not get me to watch Titanic. Ever. That includes you, baby.

you married me thinking I'd sit through titanic?

srsly, never.

Who did you play, Yates?

I have a great voice - but can't sing to save my life. So I was "The Main Brain" Vince Fontaine.

I ad-libbed a couple pieces of sketch comedy that made it into our production because our Director loved it.

1. I thought it would be funny if I rode in behind some prop during rehearsal and popped out from behind a locker instead of doing my voice from off stage. So that became a bit and I did that for each time they heard me on the radio.

2. I did a little side sight gag with the girl that played Cherry. She made a big show of chomping on gum. Then we were standing in a corner during some part of the show - can't remember anymore [sock hop, maybe?] - where I was standing in front of her with my hand on the wall. When we broke from that staging location *I* was chomping on the gum - stopped - spit it out in my hand - then finished my movement across the stage.

They got some good laughs and I got a little more stage time. Made the show more fun for me, anyway.

Books - Divergent. Not only is the writing horrible, it's a complete rip-off of the Hunger Games.

I find this funny because the Hunger Games is a rip-off of The Running Man.

But anyways for me:

Dr. Who

that Frozen song

any new "hip-hop" AKA pop song

I'm sure there are others lol.

I'm not all that keen on Harry Potter.

:unsure:

And there's been dystopian futuristic novels since forever. There's probably some Greek story somewhere about a group of people who had to fight for their lives or they'd die anyways. I'm pretty sure the Romans loved having fights to the death, where eventually friends would come to blows.

The comment about Divergent being a copy of Hunger Games was amusing. See - Battle Royale etc, a much closer connection to Hunger Games. Divergent is more about control and stuff, so - maybe Equilibrium? If you don't ever watch anything because it's been done before you will be waiting a while inbetween films.

Even Logan's Run had everyone dying - albeit the majority were 'volunteers'.

I like Independence Day because Jeff Goldblum is cool in it.

I like Grease because when I was little it was all the rage and I knew all the words. I didn't understand some of them though and now I watch and I'm all ohmygosh.

Archived