DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wizarding World War 1 - Mafia Game - Day 2

Red2111

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job everyone!

My reads were generally quite bad this game. I specifically feel bad for getting Rand lynched twice. I genuinely thought he was scum lol   Oops.

My main goal was to scumhunt cause I wanted the scummies out of the picture and figured that with the town cred I'd gain from hunting them down I'd be able to survive till end game. Anyways, luckily, I did better with my NA choices than with the actual scum hunting. 

....... lol

Thanks for taking over the game X, it was fun to watch!

Set-up

Town

AH - Albus Dumbledore - Lie Detector

Not bob - Lily Potter - Commutor

Rand - James Potter - Role Blocker

Em - Sirius Black - Tracker

Mish - Remus Lupin - VT

Mynd - Aberforth Dumbledore - Inventor (1x Vig, 1x Healer, 1x Jalier)

Tsuki - Hagrid - VT

Rhea - Alice Longbottom - VT

Dawn - Frank Longbottom - VT

Mafia

Hally - Lord Voldemort - Silver Tongue & NK Submitter

Dice - Bellatrix Lestrange - Crucio (Role Blocker)

Dar - Lucius Malfoy - Imperio (1x Vote Controller, 1x NA Controller, 1x Day Silencer)

Cult

Nyn - Fenrir Greyback - Cult Leader

QTs? >.>

Can I raise a point in here that Mish alluded to?

I like that you guys have wacky roles. If you are going to do something wacky, like NB's role, PLEASE don't call it something based on a standard role. A commuter is ONE PERSON who leaves the Town each night. Gone. They are untargetable and can't use any other abilities while out of Town. So if a commuter were to win a vig prize or something like that, they would need to make a choice between commuting and using the vig - not both.

Also, and this is critical, a commuter does NOT bring another person along for the ride. That is akin to a hider bringing a person to their hidey hole. That's broken. Imagine a scenario where you have a commuter and conf Town Cop. Game over. Commuter "commutes" with conf Town until end game. Sorry scum, thanks for playing. The jailer role was designed expressly for this reason. The jailer can protect a person but also blocks their ability - which is what I think Mish was trying to get at. You were using some sort of jailer/commuter amalgam that took the best parts of both roles without any of the built-in downside that prevents the role from being broken.

Feel free to ignore me but it is one of the things that bothers me when I come across roles like that. I kind of feel bad for scum.

I agree, personally. If used it should have been limited in number of uses.

I also don't think recruits should have killed scum. I think they should have simply been blocked. Made me kinda OP that I could convert town and kill scum... and that aside from NB I'd always get a result that is positive.

I'm sorry about that guys.

Initially we were setting up the set-up together but then we scrambled that set-up and the Red created one on her one.

Since, she's not here, on both our behalfs I'm sorry for any annoyance that the set-up may have caused you guys.

I've just modded one game before and I was completely thrown when Red left. I tried to make best of what was there to be done.

Archived