DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wizarding World War 1 - Mafia Game - Day 2

Red2111

...looks like you scum my brother.

100% not scum. I was thinking about hiding my character claim in case there was a role that specifically targets/needs to find my character but that seems unlikely so I'll go ahead and character claim as well:

Claim: Albus Dumbledore

I'd rather claim early and get this sorted now rather than let there be any question of my alignment.

These are my concerns:

1. AH didn't get a result on Nyn N1. So I want to know what shenanigans led to that result given the RB was dead.

2. NotBob claims to have commuted with AH on N2. AH *did* get a result on NotBob N2.

3. The Key clear is meaningless given I could have made that up after the fact - so I will concede that I'm not vetted yet.

4. I hard committed to two results during the night - both of which I flat out stated immediately upon start of Day. I don't know how much more I could do to prove my truthiness outside of catching scum in a lie.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@NB

Considering the amount of mislynches we've had and the fact that we lost two townies tonight... if there's a lie detector in the mix we really need to use him. 8 people left. Presumably 5 townies and 3 scum. So we're basically at Lylo right now. If we get it wrong today it's game over. If Yates is lying then why choose to clear you and a player that got shot who's flip we already know? I would expect him to fabricate a lie result on someone to lead us to a mislynch to finish it.

I didn't vote him...just saying it's convenient...we had two nights without kills...I commuted with Hallia and AH/Yates on those nights...Hallia claims Vig and Yates claims LD...too clever by half if you ask me...

Let's just vote Lenlo and get this game over with.

Vote Lenlo

Ok. Answers from X-God.

1. No, we wouldn't be told if we are "commuted"

2. Lie Detector would work regardless.

So I feel better, even though commuters don't typically "take" people with them. That's what jailkeepers do.

...we had two nights without kills...I commuted with Hallia and AH/Yates on those nights...Hallia claims Vig and Yates claims LD...too clever by half if you ask me...

First of all, before we go too crazy, your commuting with AH or Hallia and there not being a NK actually points to Town AH/Yates and Town Hallia - not the other way around. Scum kills are typically factional, yes? So blocking one isn't going to stop the factional kill. Conversely, protecting the factional kill TARGET will save the target and thus prevent a kill. Unless you are trying to sell a narrative wherein you just happened to find two scum and just HAPPENED to block each of those scum on the night that they independently decided to be the shooter for their factional kill? Because if you are trying to sell that, I just don't even...

As for the rest? Seems like a simple puzzle to solve.

Since I get my results regardless, "Commute" with me tonight. If I'm dead in the morning, you are the mafia GF. Plain and simple. Has anyone vetted that you have actually blocked an ability, yet?

Personally, I'm not buying Hallia's vig claim. I think the Tsuki shot is one of the gifts she got (either trivia or the one Mynd gave her). I don't see her as a vig holstering for this long because she had no guarantee of surviving that long. I also don't buy her reason for targeting Tsuki. According to her her scum leans were NB and Key. Yet she shot Tsuki? She stayed away from the replaced inactive because it wouldn't be nice? lol  It doesn't add up.

Each and every gift I got was protective in nature. And after using it I indicated exactly what it was and how I used it. Halli, on the other hand, has been secretive about what she had and how she used it. Assuming she's already used them I don't see the harm in revealing this information considering we've had some head scratchers about night events that didn't add up. If the shot she got is indeed a gift it makes me even more suspicious of her. In my opinion you get a gift that is positive to your alignment. So while, sure, this is gaming the mod..... considering the types of gifts I got... I could see how scum would get the gift of extra shots.

Looking a bit into what Halli has been up to this game (45 posts):

Defends Daruya/Pral

Gives Dawn a town read

FOSes dice for riding Dawn

Gives me props for scumhinting

Gives Mynd props for scumhunting

States she can never read Mish well

States that NB sounds like flustered town

Gives NB props for explaining himself well

Gives me a town read

FOSes Tsuki when he points out that Rand1.0 was misrepping him.

FOses Rand 2.0/Mish

FOSes Dawn on her vote on Dar

FOSes Rhea for her read list

Gives Key props.

Calls NB firmly scum

States she believes that I jailed NB.

FOSes Dawn for the whole forgetting the game thing.

Votes Dawn, even though she says she didn't think she was pretending.

Gets a gift from the trivia question

Says she got a gift and she'll use it wisely.

She tries to start a train on Key because she thinks she got defensive in her convo with Tsuki.

Tries to hint that maybe all the scum are in the inactives

She says she has a town read on Mynd, that initially she was suspicious of Mish before Rand 2.0 subbed in (making it sound like she had a change of hearts). She also says she wants me to be town and that she'll see if she can find something. She never goes back to that.

States that AH is posting elsewhere suggesting she's avoiding the thread.

Says: "I guess there's not much to do except go with it" and votes Rand 2.0.

Mine was Tsuki. I picked him because of a few reasons. One: otherwise I was going to pick an inactive. But they all just got replaced, and that'd be dick move.

Two: of the people left, the way he's played all lurks the past few days I found suspect, with the exception of dice. I didn't pick him because of the way EoD phase went. I figured he'd likely be a viewing target and I didn't want that to be a waste.

Picking Tsuki cause otherwise she'd have to pick an inactive is bogus. What of her scum leans? There was Key who she just voted. And there was NB who she said is firmly scum. There's dice who she FOSed. She hasn't really mentioned anything about Tsuki or being suspicious of him aside from one refrence of his face off with Rand1.0. I didn't see at any point her agreeing with my points against Tsuki. This alleged suspicion came after the fact. 

Basically, I'd like to hear what Halli got and what she did with it. Otherwise my vote is going to her today.

Vote Rand 2.0

Along with flustered town, I dunno.  I read this slot pretty firmly as scum.

Sounded to me like you were calling NB scum.

Also I don't really understand what you're talking about. As far as I understand it you got a trivia gift and you got a gift from Mynd. 

Posted Today, 10:27 PM

鲍勃不是我的名字, on 15 Aug 2014 - 1:14 PM, said:

...we had two nights without kills...I commuted with Hallia and AH/Yates on those nights...Hallia claims Vig and Yates claims LD...too clever by half if you ask me...

First of all, before we go too crazy, your commuting with AH or Hallia and there not being a NK actually points to Town AH/Yates and Town Hallia - not the other way around. Scum kills are typically factional, yes? So blocking one isn't going to stop the factional kill. Conversely, protecting the factional kill TARGET will save the target and thus prevent a kill. Unless you are trying to sell a narrative wherein you just happened to find two scum and just HAPPENED to block each of those scum on the night that they independently decided to be the shooter for their factional kill? Because if you are trying to sell that, I just don't even...

As for the rest? Seems like a simple puzzle to solve.

Since I get my results regardless, "Commute" with me tonight. If I'm dead in the morning, you are the mafia GF. Plain and simple. Has anyone vetted that you have actually blocked an ability, yet?

Wait, WHUT?!  That makes no sense.   A lot of mafia setups have one member actually execute the faction kill, so if that player is blocked, busdriven, or in any other way manipulated, it would affect the kill.   

Just think of the logic (or lack thereof) for a moment.  Let’s assume NotBob is telling the truth about his commute.  If he just happened to choose which of those two were the mafia target each night, that would require not one or two but a box full of lucky rabbits feet to be that spot on.  I can sorta get Hallia being a choice because of her townspew, but AH barely posted.  Why commute with a mute?

I find it equally unlikely that NotBob just happened to choose which mafia member, let alone, player, was going to submit the mafia night kill. 

This is all just two scum trying to WIFOM some distance between them after Yates confirming Notbob the towniest-townie-of –all towndom not a few pages earlier.

As far as the rabbit's feet comment; fair enough. I guess my larger point is that the no kills do not make sense as evidence in the way NotBob was trying to make it look. I still think guess the kill targets would be easier than guessing the shooter. And, btw, it's also possible NotBob was the target on one/both of those night's so that makes this explanation even more plausible.

Given X's clarification, I actually feel good about NB being Town again. The only role I know of that counters an LD is a silver tongue and that's an almost unheard of role. So for his statement to return a true result means he's Town. A GF/LD combination creates too many paradoxes to make sense in a game, btw.

That also means I can essentially be a BP cop. So if NB keeps commuting with me then this game is unwinnable for scum. All I have to do is clear two townies at a time. If I get a false result, we bust the scum. If I haven't found the scum before LYLO, I'm the lynch. Basically, I just put myself in an unwinnable position if I'm scum. And I like to win. ;)

This is the beginning of me catching up. Im gonna reply to humorous posts.

Hello. I am here at last.

Hey Dawn! 

Are you mafia in this game? *looks sternly*

Maybeeee....

Whenever someone asks you a question you need to think.... is the answer something Lenlo would say? If it is, then you prolly shouldn't say it xD

I dont know what your talking about, I always make the best plays. Glad to see im mentioned even in games im not in. <3

WWLD?

Hastur Hastur Hastur!!!!!

Yup. Lenlo approved.

Archived