DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I have no idea who to go with for the main characters, given that they should probably all be unknowns anyway, but I have been thinking for a couple years that Emilia Clarke could make a good Moiraine. She looks fairly close to how I imagined Moiraine (given that my editions had Moiraine with blue eyes more often than not) and she can certainly pull off cold and distant characters. I don't think her career is such that she would lack interest in the role (unlike say, Natalie Portman as some have suggested which is flatly impossible - that said, ten years ago I would have said Portman would have made a good Nyneave in terms of looks, though even then career wise I can't see it). 

Mark Ryder from Borgia could make a good Moridin I'd think.

Edited by threadnecromancer

I really like David Tennant as Padan Fain. He plays a fantastic villain, and can also be warm for the beginning of the series, for when Fain is seemingly normal. Just age him a little bit with some makeup.

I don't have a clear Idea yet as to the others, but Eva Green as Lanfear. She is and can be voluptuous enough and is fitting for the role. See her performance as Ava Lorde as a duplicitous but still vicious femme fetale and as Morgan in Camelot. Plus, she is a terrific actress. As for Semirhage, maybe Cynthia Addai Robinson. She's tall, severe, commanding and cold in her role as Amanda Waller in Arrow, the epitome of the Lady of Pain. 

Ooh, and Natalie Dormer for Graendal. Compared to Eva Green's statuesque beauty, she makes the perfect Graendal. Also, her stint as Moriarty in Elementary showcases her villainous potential.  

Edited by Forshookt

I had the idea of having Joe Dempsie from GOT as Perrin.  He is youngish looking, even in his early 30's and could pass for 20 with the right makeup artist.  And he is tall and buff, plus he's played a blacksmith so he knows how to work the hammer..

Plus he just looks so awesome swining a warhammer

On 7/8/2016 at 4:19 AM, Nightstrike said:

I read somewhere about a fantasy writer asked what his dream cast would be (if they filmed his books), and he said writers are notoriously bad at casting (I think he mentioned a couple of examples). I wonder if fantasy readers are any better. I have had some ideas before, but now I've come to think they wouldn't have been any good at all. And I'm not at all familiar with any large number of prospective and current actors/actresses either, so the base is probably too narrow anyway.

Likely it will be done the same way as GOT was cast. Have a name or two (but not an A list Actor) then scour the UK and New York for good solid young actors that have done a  bit of stage work (and have shown their acting potential) but have not "made it" yet. You can throw in an occasional character actor especially for roles that will last one or two seasons. So expect maybe one or two "named" actors and some faces you might know but the crucial roles will almost certainly be young stage actors with no or very little TV or movie roles under their belt. 

On 6/7/2013 at 8:37 AM, clutzyninja said:

Wow, these are ll pretty strikingly perfect.  The only problem is I think Thor is a little too tall for Perrin, if only because you're not going to find anyone tall enough for Rand that doesn't just look like a ginger on stilts.

Perrin is 6'3", Hemmsworth is 6'3".  He is just the right height.