DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I see you, fellow followers of the Wheel of Time.

Jandalman

Jandalman here from New Zealand.

Just spent the last two weeks doing almost nothing else but reading the entire fourteen books of the main WoT saga from sun up to sun down. Only just finished Memory of Light about half an hour ago and feeling that rush of emptiness and melancholy one can only get from the end of a long journey through a good series of books. So yes, I'm a "new" fan of this masterpiece of storytelling. Oh how many Tar Valon marks I would give for a real life gleeman to re-tell the tale to me...

I'm heartened to see that this online community thrives and I look forward to reading (and maybe even joining) your discussiong regarding our shared love for this world.

My water is yours.

Thankyou for the welcome Chaelca :)

Wow, and I thought I read these books fast!

Welcome to DM! You'd better not have any bananas!

Haha yes I tend to have tunnel vision when I pick up a good book, nothing else in the real world matters, including sleep! (And burn me if my eyes don't pay for that...not to mention the light-headedness.)
A part of me wishes I could be a slower reader just so I can savour the fictional worlds I visit longer.

Welcome!!! Have you looked around yet? Found anything particularly interesting?

Alas I posted my greeting at 6:30 AM NZ time after just finishing the final book without any sleep, combined with the fact it was indeed the final book of the story I was kinda an emotional wreck :P Just woke up actually...at 5pm local time.

Welcome if you have a hankering to Rp come and see us. :)

I take it Rp is roleplaying? I might be interested, especially with the lore of the Wheel of Time being such as it is.

Thanks again for the welcomes folks.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to DM!

That is some long reading but glad you enjoyed the series! Please feel free to check out our social groups and see if you'd enjoy joining any.

If you have questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, I should be able to answer them (I'm Logain, leader of the light faction).

If you have questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & eating out, I should also be able to answer them (I'm leader of the Archers).

Unfortunately I can't offer much help answering questions about the other Social Groups but I'm sure if you have any and post them here someone will be able to answer them for you.

Archived