DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gray Ajah Midsummer Festival: Putting Together your Picnic Pieces

Elaevia

picnic1.jpg

Hello everybody, welcome to the Midsummer Festival!

As this year we have a picnic theme I thought I would talk about picnic preparation: mainly all those cool picnic tools and utensils that you can find!

The first thing you need of course is a picnic basket or hamper.

We recently bought this one:

post-23800-0-48162400-1402757705_thumb.jpg

link to page:

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/4-person-picnic-basket-245704

Its four person, has real plates, salt and pepper shakers as well as a corkscrew, glasses cutlery and napkins. And there is plenty of room inside it for yummy food as well.

I also really like these two

moynats_luxury_bicycle_picnic_basket.png

Picnic-Basket-Cambridge-Design.jpg

(I don't see a pic Via :sad:)

Has anyone seen these?  I think they are really cool!  It was mentioned in an article I was reading earlier this week coincidentally!

kelty-duo.jpg

Apparently one side is for storage and the other side is a cooler.

I had a tricky time even getting that photo to even post to be honest, I'm not surprised you cant see it! I put a link into the post as well.

That is great - does it zip together or something?

those are really pretty.

when I was traveling with food when Basel and I were courting, I'd use these bags from the liquor store that had six pockets meant to hold bottles, but I'd use one for cups, and one for utensils, one for napkins, one for salt and pepper and hot sauce and a corkscrew, one for serving utensils, etc., with paper plates in the center.

we very practical, lol. the bags aren't pretty but very efficient.

the cider traveled in it own case :laugh:

• Community Administrator

My husband and I were given a huge, beautiful picnic set as a wedding gift! It's wicker, and has plates and utensils and cups. It's so lovely, but we've never used it. It's just sitting in our closet. It looks similar to the last one Via posted.

I love the one that attaches to the bike! So clever!

Cindy, I've got a bag like that from the grocery store. It's so useful. They gave it to me for free!

I love that one with the space for a bottle Chaelca, very important on a picnic ... hic! :wink:

Next, I would need a mat

picnicblanket.jpg

SSPBE083.jpg

349166.jpg

And for me, size is definately important - there has to be lots of room to spread out your food and laze about with a full stomach afterwards

That looks so awesome and cool! Where do we get one Keyholder?

Sorry I took so long to reply Cairos!

I saw it on amazon. Here's the page, but it looks like they are out of stock at the moment. Boo! I bet if you do a google image search you could find another place to get one though!

@Chae - Yeah, that one is really nice too :).

@Via - I would definitely want a huge blanket!  After all, we always get tired after we eat, so having a super huge blanket would be awesome because then we could just roll over and take a nap :laugh:.  

the bigger the better when it comes to blankets! :wink:

so now we are all comfy, we can reach in to our really cool picnic baskets and take out our cups and plates

maybe they are multicoloured and stack in a jug

HL-100613-6.jpg

slight diversion cos I just found this:

original.jpg

how cool is that? a table and stools that fit over the back of a bike! and you could have the food in the basket one from earlier! :smile:

Archived