DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

teachers in ontario canada please help!

gak

well i am looking to become a teacher .. right now i am a working prifessional... so i am looking for some inside info on if there is any short cuts to becoming a teacher.... i would like to teach art and business....and right now i am a banker... so if you have any ifo or if your mom does.. pass it on

Guest Barmacral

Only method I can think of is teachers college, which was only a year for my mother. Having some pre-requisites in Art and/or Business is certainly helpful. Please note that if you are teaching highschool (at least, not sure about grade school) you need to have two teachable's (presumably degree's)

Are you wanting to work while earning your degree? or are you willing to drop work and just do the year of teacher training?

If you already have a Bachelors degree you just need to go to a teacher's college for a year. Ontario is really competitive and the application process can get expensive fast. Do you live in a university town (Toronto, Guelph, London, Kitchener/Waterloo)? If so, see if they have a "Pre-Ed" society (that's what it was called at UWO anyhow), they will often host recruitment visits by the ten teacher's colleges, along with other options. I decided the whole thing was a pain and elected to get my teaching degree in Scotland instead. Hope that helps! Oh, there is also a website? I think?

Archived