DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sherlock Holmes Role Madness Mafia Town wins

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Pralaya: isn't it dangerous to claim PR so early. Doesn't that make you a target for nightkills ?

as for Thane: i am stating what i think. Seeing his usual gameplay, there's not enough material to make me want to vote against him.

He also claimed a PR that cant really be confirmed if he has it or not. If he has it, then scum can wifom it into a lynch which is much better wasting a NK on him, if he doesnt have it and hes actually scum then they wouldnt kill a teammate. So imo him claiming was a good idea as this way scum cant NK him. If they do NK him then they solve the mystery for us.

About to start driving just a few quick observations and opinions.

Csarmi miller claim: needs to be lynched unless can be vetted by another.means. perhaps LD?

Related note, I don't like that Despo and Leno both used the term gimmicky to describe his claim. It isn't a term I would use there and for two people to use it like that does ping a bit. Moreso to Leno since he was the follower in this case.

Thane was very odd in his opening. I can see him as mafia. Chae's method of defense also seemed a bit odd. Particularly the phrase that he "could be town".

Ithi :wub: just needed to get that in.

Out of time more when I can.

Well I don't doubt Csarmi's miller claim. Miller is basically a role that is of not much use for town-so Csarmi wouldn't pull a stunt so. I like Ithi's case on Thane. He does look suspicious.

One thing though I don't like is that thing when Des saying that Thane is will induce wifom. Csarmi is pretty much confirmed Miller, so I don't see what wifom or confusion it would induce. I can follow Ithi when she says that Thane throws a doubt on the validity of the claim but where would wifom come? Other than people unfamiliar with a Miller-I don't see how.

Des if you could clarify?

last time i played mafia with csarmi, he claimed town very early and got lynched very fast for it

he could tell the truth here

otherwise, isn't it a bit early to have Ithi as a lock clear ?

He could TELL the truth, or BE TELLING the truth... one is a FoS that he could be lying, and the other a simple early-morning typo.

He claimed Miller. He just guaranteed he is on the chopping block towards the end of the game, because it IS a town-negative role.

So I see no purpose in the lie. Wonder which one Chae intended - (and which one she'll SAY she intended :/)

Thane is way outside his meta - I haven't seen a joke from him yet...

Ithi comes in guns blazing, Despo is Despo (Zoinks!), X is Unknown (Algebra sucks), and dice is too soon to tell. 

Morning, all!

This is something I noticed.  I don't get what this is. IMO, it looks like an attempt to throw suspicion. Chaelcea's later defence of Thane isn't great but this. You are nit-picking over whether she put the word 'be' and tacked on '-ing'. I don't think there is anything here. Could just be a spelling mistake. But I don't like that fact how you just glossed over it out of the random.

@ Pralaya: isn't it dangerous to claim PR so early. Doesn't that make you a target for nightkills ?

as for Thane: i am stating what i think. Seeing his usual gameplay, there's not enough material to make me want to vote against him.

I think it is pretty redundant in a role madness game where I think everyone would be a PR

I got a light town read on Tsuki for his off the cuff reads in his first post, seemed too casual to come from scum!Tsuki.

Chael otoh can go in the scum pile with Thane.

His off the cuff reads, really? His first post was that he was the first one to walk into Baker Street. His second one was where he IMO soft fossed Chaelcea for her word usage. At the bottom of the post he said that, Ithi came guns blazing, You were you, I was unknown and it was too early for Dice. Those were his 'reads'. How something can be read into, I don't get. Those were just a portrayal of what happened so far. How? 

I'm Thaddeus Sholto, Town Miller.

Whaaaaaaat.

claiming that early Csarmi?...... odd....

Scuuuuuuummy

@Despo: "Csarmi aint exactly one to use a gimmick to hide behind as scum, and Ithi mindmelded hardcore."

What do you mean?

@Ithi: I like your points against Thane. The problem is that I have seen him play just like this three times in a row as town. He semms to have a knack of saying the most unlikely and anti-town sounding stuff as town. I think he sounded scummy the one time he was scum too (Mass Effect).

Claiming miller D1 Post 1 if your not a miller is kinda gimmicky and reminds me of when Darthe claimed scum D1 to rile people up/get it going. You dont seem the kind of person to do that especially with the large risks it entails D1. So yeah I think your town, and Thanes being very sketchy for it only being Page 4.

Like you said page 4. I dunno, isn't too early to be categorizing someone as too sketchy on just page 4? If it was a little more, then ok fine. This is the problem I'm having-if there was a little more discussion and Thane's stance on that, then I think a judgement could be made.

Hey X, great job (sarcasm) - It WAS an attempt to cast suspicion. And she responded, exactly how I thought she would. I call that getting a read.

Nit-picking over those 2 words? What was the other way she could have responded so as to not arouse suspicion in your mind, do tell

BTW, soft defense of Chels noted.

I never understand why on day one people wanna defend all over the place, rather than attack.

Like you said its day one, we are one page 5. I think it's way to early to read into things

I'm Thaddeus Sholto, Town Miller.

Whaaaaaaat.

claiming that early Csarmi?...... odd....

Scuuuuuuummy

@Despo: "Csarmi aint exactly one to use a gimmick to hide behind as scum, and Ithi mindmelded hardcore."

What do you mean?

@Ithi: I like your points against Thane. The problem is that I have seen him play just like this three times in a row as town. He semms to have a knack of saying the most unlikely and anti-town sounding stuff as town. I think he sounded scummy the one time he was scum too (Mass Effect).

Claiming miller D1 Post 1 if your not a miller is kinda gimmicky and reminds me of when Darthe claimed scum D1 to rile people up/get it going. You dont seem the kind of person to do that especially with the large risks it entails D1. So yeah I think your town, and Thanes being very sketchy for it only being Page 4.

Like you said page 4. I dunno, isn't too early to be categorizing someone as too sketchy on just page 4? If it was a little more, then ok fine. This is the problem I'm having-if there was a little more discussion and Thane's stance on that, then I think a judgement could be made.

And that would be why im not voting him, just pointing out some ticks in his behavior. If I was voting him yo would have a point that im making judgement to early, but as is im basically FOSing him without saying the words FOS.

Do address what I asked, how could she have responded in a way that would not have aroused suspicion in your mind

This is my reply - Am I just being my sarcastic, normal self... or am I saying I am suspicious? I guess either way could be read. Now, show me where, after this statement, did I ever reference it again? I noted a soft defense of Thane, and said nothing about her wording against Cs. 

@ tsuki: it was not early morning here when i posted -.-

... but i will rephrase : so far, i think csarmi is telling the truth, and him claiming early doesn't look suspicious to me.

I know it wasn't - and I also knew that you would "rephrase" your statement the way you did.  Psychic, aren't I.

why are YOU so focused on that one little statement??staring-cat111.jpg

Do address what I asked, how could she have responded in a way that would not have aroused suspicion in your mind

This is my reply - Am I just being my sarcastic, normal self... or am I saying I am suspicious? I guess either way could be read. Now, show me where, after this statement, did I ever reference it again? I noted a soft defense of Thane, and said nothing about her wording against Cs. 

@ tsuki: it was not early morning here when i posted -.-

... but i will rephrase : so far, i think csarmi is telling the truth, and him claiming early doesn't look suspicious to me.

I know it wasn't - and I also knew that you would "rephrase" your statement the way you did.  Psychic, aren't I.

why are YOU so focused on that one little statement??

That was not my point. You pointed out 2 scenarios- one where it could look like she made a fos and the other was she made a typo. She chose the typo which was thrown suspicion upon-the other one the same. In short, IMO it looked like a loaded question. I didn't refer to you making that point later. I referred to your fos of her which occured in your 2nd post(to clarify-second post of game). 

On the 2nd part, I wasn't focused on that post-I was focused on them post where you pointed out her word usage. Why were you focused on whether she put a 'be' before her word?

I always removed your cat photo-due to size

Archived