DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sherlock Holmes Role Madness Mafia Town wins

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My apologies for subbing out and if anyone thought I was emo about the game. Apparently I've acquired a delightful new nickname.

Alas it was all RL stuff happening at the same time. I was coping with the divorce. The house move was mostly ok. The sudden work restructure and enforced changes to shift patterns or no job - regardless of childcare - tipped me over the edge.

Hence ---> adieu.

But it had been an enjoyable game up till that point. Thank you for modding Basel andd Cindy.

Congratulations Town and well played Mafia.

Now Turin on the other hand... Been back and forth on him the whole game lol.

Maybe you should consider why that was since pretty much everyone correctly had me as town

Heh I tinfoiled several times...

When you misrepped X Day 1 (decided it was prob due to you skimming thread while driving), kept changing your mind on whether my claim made me Town or dodgy (same thing kept you going back and forth) coupled with believing Thane Vanilla because he claimed despite scummy play and me mafia... Des's vote on you felt like a bus vote, since it seemed baseless, something else from Des (decided to ignore everything from Des after his flip), couple of other things I can't remember :tongue:

I was pretty strongly town on Hallia due to Day 1/2 play, startedlosing a bit of confidence after that, but the Twilight helped shore that up as well :laugh: Csarmi was a decent early town read, but i'e neverplayed with him as mafia, so wasn't really confident till after Des's lynch...

And sorry to everyone my activity was low :sad:

I've not been Mafia since April 2013 - and even then I started off as Town. The last time I was proper Mafia was January 2013 - and there were TWO mafia teams.

The only time I've been on a normal Mafia team was October 2012.

But no more for a while and none with Turin ever again - although I did so wish we could be Mafia together once. I appreciate the feedback on that and completely understand. He always buddies me outragiously anyways :)

Oh, meant to ask...

Basel did you say you were planning on running a Doctor Who game next, and if so when and where?

(it was one of my ideas for my Basic coming up...) :looksscared:

I've seen you lie and fake claim brilliantly as mafia, Csarmi. And someday you will abuse your meta and it will work once or twice.

Lol I trust his meta on that about as much as I trust Des's meta to not defend teammates, i.e. not much. Csarmi's reaction to peoples reaction to him was the tell for me :smile:

My apologies for subbing out and if anyone thought I was emo about the game. Apparently I've acquired a delightful new nickname.

Alas it was all RL stuff happening at the same time. I was coping with the divorce. The house move was mostly ok. The sudden work restructure and enforced changes to shift patterns or no job - regardless of childcare - tipped me over the edge.

Hence ---> adieu.

But it had been an enjoyable game up till that point. Thank you for modding Basel andd Cindy.

Congratulations Town and well played Mafia.

Hope everything's settled!

Awesome, we got them in the end. Here is our mason's QT - http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/2r2NWamFmph

I think Turin and me complemented very well. Turin was more of a crazy-theory person and thought out of the box. While I looked at keeping it simple and going for direct reads.You can see that we disagreed numerous times in our reads in the QT. But, that difference in thinking helped us nail the scum - Des specifically !

The no self-protect was a bit of a disadvantage and I can see why Basel used that. I tried a lot to remain scummy - lurking, tunneling - so that they won't target me. Also, tried pushing the NK towards Turin instead me. Worked till the last day :)

The non-self-protecting part didn't quite work like I expected. It was Darthe's discussion thread in the doctor role that mentioned how many other sites consider this the norm, and I had been interested in trying it since then. But as I recall, that thread talks about how such docs tend to function as investigators. Before learning who the cop or other important PRs are, the doc will try to guess the NK and if there is no kill, the doc has identified a likely townie. This never really happened. Giving you someone you knew for certain was town right off seems to have been the reason why it didn't go that way.

Oh, meant to ask...Basel did you say you were planning on running a Doctor Who game next, and if so when and where?(it was one of my ideas for my Basic coming up...) :looksscared:

BFG, the Dr. Who game will be in SG whenever Lily's game that is in signups is done.

So Thane basically admitted to being symp in post #1234.  So looking at the people around that claim that voted...in #1231, Des said that he thought Thane was the symp and voted for him.  in #1232, the person with the symbol name votes for him.  #1242, Len hops on saying that he could do Thane too.  #1249, Tina hops on saying she is ok with getting him first.

Those are the 4 that surround that claim, I included the first two because if the scum group figured out he was symp, they could have gone ahead and acted to cut losses.  The Len and Tina votes stand out because they came after the claim and both were in a 'sure, why not?' tone I could see scum adopting considering the circumstances.  And neither seemed to want to discuss it much more than that at that time.  Also to note on the two of them is that both voted for Thane early on, then moved to Chae D2 before coming back to Thane in the mentioned posts.  I'm thinking that scum could have figured out that Thane was symp and initially tried to save him by moving to Chae, but when that failed, cut their losses and went back to Thane. 

Need to read through some more tonight to figure out which way to go. 

*headdesk*

Welp, I had it.  Just didn't follow up enough.  And I fell for Tina's lurk trick. 

I've not been Mafia since April 2013 - and even then I started off as Town. The last time I was proper Mafia was January 2013 - and there were TWO mafia teams.

The only time I've been on a normal Mafia team was October 2012.

But no more for a while and none with Turin ever again - although I did so wish we could be Mafia together once. I appreciate the feedback on that and completely understand. He always buddies me outragiously anyways :)

I remember the January game. It was also run by Basel. :P

So Thane basically admitted to being symp in post #1234.  So looking at the people around that claim that voted...in #1231, Des said that he thought Thane was the symp and voted for him.  in #1232, the person with the symbol name votes for him.  #1242, Len hops on saying that he could do Thane too.  #1249, Tina hops on saying she is ok with getting him first.

Those are the 4 that surround that claim, I included the first two because if the scum group figured out he was symp, they could have gone ahead and acted to cut losses.  The Len and Tina votes stand out because they came after the claim and both were in a 'sure, why not?' tone I could see scum adopting considering the circumstances.  And neither seemed to want to discuss it much more than that at that time.  Also to note on the two of them is that both voted for Thane early on, then moved to Chae D2 before coming back to Thane in the mentioned posts.  I'm thinking that scum could have figured out that Thane was symp and initially tried to save him by moving to Chae, but when that failed, cut their losses and went back to Thane. 

Need to read through some more tonight to figure out which way to go. 

*headdesk*

Welp, I had it.  Just didn't follow up enough.  And I fell for Tina's lurk trick. 

you been doing great man. You had a big distracting miller in front of you there (as i told you earlier, kudos to even post that when it aligned with my reads completely and you had me as lolscum). THe Pral signal and not giving your reads were probably mistakes tho.

Archived