DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sherlock Holmes Role Madness Mafia Town wins

Basel Gill

Some early X. My vote is over more than the one thing of calling Csarmi confirmed. I had short time and wanted to see what I would get.

Well I don't doubt Csarmi's miller claim. Miller is basically a role that is of not much use for town-so Csarmi wouldn't pull a stunt so. I like Ithi's case on Thane. He does look suspicious.

One thing though I don't like is that thing when Des saying that Thane is will induce wifom. Csarmi is pretty much confirmed Miller, so I don't see what wifom or confusion it would induce. I can follow Ithi when she says that Thane throws a doubt on the validity of the claim but where would wifom come? Other than people unfamiliar with a Miller-I don't see how.

Des if you could clarify?

BOLD: Csarmi wouldn't pull a stunt. "mafia would NEVER do that" There has been a bunch of this stated in different ways. I don't like any of it TBH.

Italics: Thane is suspicious? but it is only page 4, LOL. 

The WIFOM is the claim. If he can not be verified as town then he will always be questionable. I think what Despo is getting at is the same thing Ithi was saying in that Thane was going back and forth about if he was believing the claim in such a short period of time. Despo will surely tell you what he means later however.

last time i played mafia with csarmi, he claimed town very early and got lynched very fast for it

he could tell the truth here

otherwise, isn't it a bit early to have Ithi as a lock clear ?

He could TELL the truth, or BE TELLING the truth... one is a FoS that he could be lying, and the other a simple early-morning typo.

He claimed Miller. He just guaranteed he is on the chopping block towards the end of the game, because it IS a town-negative role.

So I see no purpose in the lie. Wonder which one Chae intended - (and which one she'll SAY she intended :/)

Thane is way outside his meta - I haven't seen a joke from him yet...

Ithi comes in guns blazing, Despo is Despo (Zoinks!), X is Unknown (Algebra sucks), and dice is too soon to tell. 

Morning, all!

This is something I noticed.  I don't get what this is. IMO, it looks like an attempt to throw suspicion. Chaelcea's later defence of Thane isn't great but this. You are nit-picking over whether she put the word 'be' and tacked on '-ing'. I don't think there is anything here. Could just be a spelling mistake. But I don't like that fact how you just glossed over it out of the random.

Defending Chae while at the same time giving a light FoS for Chae defending Thane.

@ Pralaya: isn't it dangerous to claim PR so early. Doesn't that make you a target for nightkills ?

as for Thane: i am stating what i think. Seeing his usual gameplay, there's not enough material to make me want to vote against him.

I think it is pretty redundant in a role madness game where I think everyone would be a PR

Having a role=/= having a PR. Would you consider Miller a PR? 

I'm Thaddeus Sholto, Town Miller.

Whaaaaaaat.

claiming that early Csarmi?...... odd....

Scuuuuuuummy

@Despo: "Csarmi aint exactly one to use a gimmick to hide behind as scum, and Ithi mindmelded hardcore."

What do you mean?

@Ithi: I like your points against Thane. The problem is that I have seen him play just like this three times in a row as town. He semms to have a knack of saying the most unlikely and anti-town sounding stuff as town. I think he sounded scummy the one time he was scum too (Mass Effect).

Claiming miller D1 Post 1 if your not a miller is kinda gimmicky and reminds me of when Darthe claimed scum D1 to rile people up/get it going. You dont seem the kind of person to do that especially with the large risks it entails D1. So yeah I think your town, and Thanes being very sketchy for it only being Page 4.

Like you said page 4. I dunno, isn't too early to be categorizing someone as too sketchy on just page 4? If it was a little more, then ok fine. This is the problem I'm having-if there was a little more discussion and Thane's stance on that, then I think a judgement could be made.

Earlier X said that Thane was suspicious and that Ithi made a good case against him. Now it is "too early" for judgement. When do we start to actually follow up on our suspects? This just feels like stalling. I don't know why any town player wants to delay having hard stances taken on players and letting them defend themselves.

BTW, soft defense of Chels noted.

I never understand why on day one people wanna defend all over the place, rather than attack.

Like you said its day one, we are one page 5. I think it's way to early to read into things

Again Too early to read into things. When do we start reading into things?

I'm Thaddeus Sholto, Town Miller.

Whaaaaaaat.

claiming that early Csarmi?...... odd....

Scuuuuuuummy

@Despo: "Csarmi aint exactly one to use a gimmick to hide behind as scum, and Ithi mindmelded hardcore."

What do you mean?

@Ithi: I like your points against Thane. The problem is that I have seen him play just like this three times in a row as town. He semms to have a knack of saying the most unlikely and anti-town sounding stuff as town. I think he sounded scummy the one time he was scum too (Mass Effect).

Claiming miller D1 Post 1 if your not a miller is kinda gimmicky and reminds me of when Darthe claimed scum D1 to rile people up/get it going. You dont seem the kind of person to do that especially with the large risks it entails D1. So yeah I think your town, and Thanes being very sketchy for it only being Page 4.

Like you said page 4. I dunno, isn't too early to be categorizing someone as too sketchy on just page 4? If it was a little more, then ok fine. This is the problem I'm having-if there was a little more discussion and Thane's stance on that, then I think a judgement could be made.

And that would be why im not voting him, just pointing out some ticks in his behavior. If I was voting him yo would have a point that im making judgement to early, but as is im basically FOSing him without saying the words FOS.

This kind of stuck out to me. Lenlo seems awfully defensive about being too eager to FoS or vote. Why not vote if you find him questionable. You can always remove said vote if he actually makes a good case for his innocence. Or if you find someone else more questionable. The backoff puts the initial statement into the nudge category. 

Lenlo, I'm not talking about you. I'm using that to confirm what I'm saying about it being too early

X immediately backs off of thinking Lenlo has done anything wrong. It just looks odd to me. 

So X has defended:

CSarmi: He wouldn't fake claim as mafia. Even calling him nearly confirmed Miller (then backing off that to say he meant that he believed Csarmi's claim)

Confirmed =/= I believe

Chae: giving the benefit of the doubt in the phraseology issue. 

Thane: I am suspicious of Thane becomes "it is too early to cast hard suspicion"

Lenlo: Chided him for being too quick to judge and then gives him all clear. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ithi, what do you think about the Tsuki/X clash?

Is it only me who thinks that the "its only page four" card stinks especially as #realgame started page one?

I can follow X so far. Mostly.

Too many back-and-quotes tho. Losing the plot on TS vs X

In 6 minutes you go from thinking X stinks for trying to use the "too early" line to being able to follow him. (well mostly) 

The last line looks like an attempt to just make their discussion go away. Nothing to see here move along...

Oh man! This escalated quickly.

Csarmageddon has a habit of claiming early so it's nothing for me. I believe him.

All the people saying CSarmi usually does this or always does that are doing my head in.

It's because of the alleged role.

The Little Book of Darthe says claim Town Miller straight awa - this is beneficial as we can Lynch him if things get dicey and results are less likely to be mucked up.

Also if Town Miller claims it stops Mafia claiming Miller later.

^. What she said.

@Csarmi - playing from work, I'll try to flesh out my reads on lunch.

@Tsuki - lol! I want that!!

I see no way how the first two bolded statements result in the third bolded statement.

The first says I believe him cause he does this all the time. Ithi says, anyone that says " I believe him cause he does this all the time" is not doing it right. Hallia replies "This".

Inconsistancy overload. 

Also, did the reads ever develop?

The Little Book of Darthe says claim Town Miller straight awa - this is beneficial as we can Lynch him if things get dicey and results are less likely to be mucked up.

Also if Town Miller claims it stops Mafia claiming Miller later. 

^ This is what I was referring to.

With it being Csarmi I believe a role claim.

With his early claim of miller I believe him doubly so.

Is that better?

Ithi, what do you think about the Tsuki/X clash?

Is it only me who thinks that the "its only page four" card stinks especially as #realgame started page one?

I can follow X so far. Mostly.

Too many back-and-quotes tho. Losing the plot on TS vs X

In 6 minutes you go from thinking X stinks for trying to use the "too early" line to being able to follow him. (well mostly)

The last line looks like an attempt to just make their discussion go away. Nothing to see here move along...

I couldn't remember which one of them used the "too early" schtick and wasn't gonna read up. Discussions like that have me confuse up people and arguments. Just like I'm saying there.

so, yeah, i'm calling BS on Ithi's reasoning. Says she plays every game as every game, i keep getting the same crap from her and it's annoying me. I'm always read as scum by a lot of people, it's my playstyle and she knows it. Last game, Ithi called me scum, i was lynched D1 (with selfvote) and flipped... town. Wow, what a surprise.

Ithi: tunnelvision, BS reasoning, likely scum. If you're town, go hunt for real and not lynch another townie again. 

Hence, Des: follows Ithi easily, no investigation of his own = possible scum

And Len, waiting to hammer, Possible scum too. 

I'll go play in my other current game, it's more fun than this one.

still think one of the lurkers is possible scum too.... but if you're not mentioned in above post, you're either null or town to me.

I'm pretty sure that maybe one of the people in the second half of the alphabet could be scum.

Probably.

still think one of the lurkers is possible scum too.... but if you're not mentioned in above post, you're either null or town to me.

I'm pretty sure that maybe one of the people in the second half of the alphabet could be scum.

Probably.

Lmao.

Thane is taking his ball and going home.

Maybe if he was less concerned about what people think about him, and was more concerned about what everyone else might be I'd care more.

But Ithi is mean, most people are Town or Null and someone else might be Mafia.

I think we just solved the game.

Am at work now. Play nice :)

so, yeah, i'm calling BS on Ithi's reasoning. Says she plays every game as every game, i keep getting the same crap from her and it's annoying me. I'm always read as scum by a lot of people, it's my playstyle and she knows it. Last game, Ithi called me scum, i was lynched D1 (with selfvote) and flipped... town. Wow, what a surprise.

Ithi: tunnelvision, BS reasoning, likely scum. If you're town, go hunt for real and not lynch another townie again. 

sour-grapes-1.png

I think we just solved the game.

1390937328709.jpg

Little Book of Darthe also says that there should always be 1 Vanilla Town in a Role Madness game.

But Thane didn't say he was Vanilla Town.

Also Mynd says my case on Thane is weak, but he's voting for Thane.

Of course he does also say he'll remove his vote if he's convinced to do so. That's a nice bit of fence sitting.

First section: in the other game she played with you you also got lynched D1. What was your alignment then? Oh yes. Mafia.

Do you think mafia or town are more likely to tunnel?

Despo could well be following Ithi. It is early and we shall see.

Your critique of Leno makes little sense to.me as the last he said about you was it was too early to do.more than FoS.

Finally, a lot of AtE in your post. Oh and what do you think of Mynd since he is voting you also?

@Turin - I think you might be talking about different games (Once Upon a Time & Mass Effect).

Check out Thane's last two or three games if you will. He was playing such a scummy way as town I think I've only seen the like once...

I am talking about both games. Thane only wants to talk about a game he was lynched early in as town. I acknowledge he may have Despo syndrome. But I look more at the individual actions of a player and not so much as who they are. If it looks sketchy it doesn't matter to me f someone has played that way as town before.

If he doesn't want to be suspected then just stop being so suspicious.

What is your current take on X?

Uh, what? Are you just throwing wifom around now in an attempt to save yourself or is this what you legitimately think? Cause either way this is just stupid. I like how you get alittle bit emo/AtE at the end there though, its doing wonders for your defense.

Archived