DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sherlock Holmes Role Madness Mafia Town wins

Basel Gill

So Thane basically admitted to being symp in post #1234.  So looking at the people around that claim that voted...in #1231, Des said that he thought Thane was the symp and voted for him.  in #1232, the person with the symbol name votes for him.  #1242, Len hops on saying that he could do Thane too.  #1249, Tina hops on saying she is ok with getting him first.

Those are the 4 that surround that claim, I included the first two because if the scum group figured out he was symp, they could have gone ahead and acted to cut losses.  The Len and Tina votes stand out because they came after the claim and both were in a 'sure, why not?' tone I could see scum adopting considering the circumstances.  And neither seemed to want to discuss it much more than that at that time.  Also to note on the two of them is that both voted for Thane early on, then moved to Chae D2 before coming back to Thane in the mentioned posts.  I'm thinking that scum could have figured out that Thane was symp and initially tried to save him by moving to Chae, but when that failed, cut their losses and went back to Thane. 

Need to read through some more tonight to figure out which way to go. 

*headdesk*

Welp, I had it.  Just didn't follow up enough.  And I fell for Tina's lurk trick. 

you been doing great man. You had a big distracting miller in front of you there (as i told you earlier, kudos to even post that when it aligned with my reads completely and you had me as lolscum). THe Pral signal and not giving your reads were probably mistakes tho.

I did try to say that I thought Hallia was town, but I didn't think of the Pral thing being a signal, just a possible scum.  Difference in forums on how that gets handled.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not been Mafia since April 2013 - and even then I started off as Town. The last time I was proper Mafia was January 2013 - and there were TWO mafia teams.

The only time I've been on a normal Mafia team was October 2012.

But no more for a while and none with Turin ever again - although I did so wish we could be Mafia together once. I appreciate the feedback on that and completely understand. He always buddies me outragiously anyways :)

And I did figure out you were mafia but I was a symp and wasn't sure if you were on.my team until you got lynched.

We were mafia together for about 1 day. That was the game you owned Mynd and Kate. Fibber. :wub:

@Rags:

Lists with surefire town reads, or any definitive statements would have helped. I really been looking hard and I couldn't deduce anything but the Pray thing. Which turned out fine afterall, fortunately. I understand it didn't help that I was the one asking you for your results, but IMHO you should have just claimed and shared even. That'd have broke the game open.

Also, you got town reads on Hally/Dice. When you know them to be town, those two are people you should listen to, even when they don't explain themselves too much. Hally is not GOAT doc for nothing, her instincts are top notch and Dice comes close especially mid/late game.

1. I don't claim without very good reason. There's no way I was doing it there. Claiming with no scum find is never smart in my experience.

2. Having being as town =/= always listening to them. And I didn't know if theyre any good at all.

1) Well it would have been smart here. It's a role madness game, besides you been under threat already (cause of the D1 claim) and one of your targets was a governor with wifom and suspicion all over (couldn't even be godfather anymore).

2) That wasn't a criticism. I know you don't know them. I do. That was a practical advice for the future if playing with them.

1) Well it would have been smart here. It's a role madness game, besides you been under threat already (cause of the D1 claim) and one of your targets was a governor with wifom and suspicion all over (couldn't even be godfather anymore).

2) That wasn't a criticism. I know you don't know them. I do. That was a practical advice for the future if playing with them.

At the time, no.  Neither dice nor Hallia had been in any real danger so no need to out myself or expose them when I knew scum wasn't gonna try to NK them.

I agree with rags here. The risk outweighs the benefit. Outing the cop without a guilty is not worth it there. Especially since there was a likely GF in the game so the views could have resulted in a false clear.

Maybe on the next day but he would have had the guilty on Despo then. We almost protected him too. Just bad luck there.

@Rags - they night killed you instead and we had no clue on what you did, so you died with game winning info on you - surely you could have breadcrumbed at least

@Hally - you could have told me the truth the day we lynched you, we might have lost the game there if people started following my plan that'd only work with you having 2+ shots

My plan makes no sense if Hally has only one shot.

We didn't need her flip tho, we could have just lynched Tina straight there. Maybe YOU needed her flip cause you fixed me/Hally as scum from day one or so and never got your head around that.

My plan makes no sense if Hally has only one shot.

We didn't need her flip tho, we could have just lynched Tina straight there. Maybe YOU needed her flip cause you fixed me/Hally as scum from day one or so and never got your head around that.

Your plan was flawed period. I wasn't the only one that wanted her flip. It was pure bonus that Tina outed herself with the hammer. She already needed to be the next lynch but that did make it obvious.

Is over on any case.

not sure why you didn'T want to proceed lynching me after Hally btw... made about the same amount of sense

you had a good point about Tina being locked to bussing due to Krak's block tho, i overlooked the order of that

I've not been Mafia since April 2013 - and even then I started off as Town. The last time I was proper Mafia was January 2013 - and there were TWO mafia teams.

The only time I've been on a normal Mafia team was October 2012.

But no more for a while and none with Turin ever again - although I did so wish we could be Mafia together once. I appreciate the feedback on that and completely understand. He always buddies me outragiously anyways :)

And I did figure out you were mafia but I was a symp and wasn't sure if you were on.my team until you got lynched.

We were mafia together for about 1 day. That was the game you owned Mynd and Kate. Fibber. :wub:

Oh that's right. And I was Mafia once before in the Onosia game where the Mod left. I killed you then - and in DPR's ghosty game.

I need one of them Henry VIII type rhymes to remember your fate in these games where I was mafia :

Killed

Mafia'd

Ignored

Killed

Wubbed

Adored

although technically the last two don't count because I've only been mafia 4 times (including the game that disintergrated) - but it makes a pretty rhyme to add the last two.

Maybe they predictions for future games lol. I can't be Town forever.

:wub:

Archived