DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

sorry guys i gotta post it...another asmo theory

shwang

Hey sorry but i gotta put this, feel free to shoot it down or whatever , and i dunno if someones came up with this or not but heres my theory on who killed asmodean..i think it was Luc/Isam

k here it goes, so in the 4th book Luc was hiding in the Tower of Genji cause Perrin was chasing him, which is Finnland right? so obviosuly he has some connection with the Finns if he can go there when he wants, and so maybe Luc and Isam somehow got melded together like that cause of something the Finn's did?, so when Lanfear got into Finnland throught the doorframe, she could have had one of her wishes to be to have asmodean killed because she wasnt there to watch over him teaching rand anymore..but the Finns cant directly affect the outside world, so they send there human assassin they made,Luc/Isam, to go do it, and when asmodean came in the room , he knew that this Luc/Isam guy is a great assassin and he was about to die , so he is surprised and that justifies what he said. Also in the 9th book he said that "His services were always begged, except by the Great Lord himself, and more recently by the Chosen" meaning that the Forsaken had at some point begged for his services, if he was a product of the Dark One, The forsaken wouldnt need to beg, so it leads me to believe hes a product of the Finns, and the Forsaken just happen to find him very useful.

Hmmph, interesting theory, I like it, and so far, thats one of the best asmo theories I've heard yet. Its funny though, how one of the most insignificant events in the series has turned into the largest and most debated mystery in the entire WoT community.

Personally, I just think that Asmodeans usefulness was up, and RJ needed to get him out of the picture. Killing him mysteriously seemed the best way to do it, and the way to excite the most comment and ridiculous insight as to how it happened.

I'm sure that RJ had some weird twisted way of deciding just who and how Asmodean was killed, but I don't think he'll ever tell us, he'll just keep us guessing.

My guess? My guess is it was some stupid little darkfriend that was told to kill The Lord Dragons bard and have a chance for advancement. Like maybe the idiot boy that Rand punched in the nose on book one and later tried to help Morgase, Ironicly, one of the few true darkfriends that the Hand of the Light actually caught. Maybe not him specificly, but something like that.

Anyway, good theory man.

"His services were always begged' date=' except by the Great Lord himself, and more recently by the Chosen" meaning that the Forsaken had at some point begged for his services, if he was a product of the Dark One, The forsaken wouldnt need to beg, so it leads me to believe hes a product of the Finns, and the Forsaken just happen to find him very useful.[/quote']

First, you win the run-on sentence award! :D

Second, I would not take that to mean the Forsaken had to beg. The "except by the Great Lord himself, and more recently the Chosen" could mean that the Chosen enjoy the same power of command over him as the DO.

^ Or it could mean the DO isued a recent "Obey the Chosen" order. :D Anyway, Slayer does pass all the tests, so he is on the select suspect list. So... I'm going to shoot down your theory completly. :D Don't get me wrong, I still see Slayer as one of the top possible suspects. It's the rest of your post that doesn't agree with me:

1) Slayer is not proven to have any connection with the Finn, nor is it very likely. He probably went near the tower to lure Perrin in, without entering himself.

2) It is extremely likely(and hardly debated) that Slayer was a product of the DO. The "phrophecy" is as follows:

"Luc came to the Mountains of Dhoom.

Isam waited in the high passes.

The hunt is now begun. The Shadow's hounds now course, and kill.

One did live, and one did die, but both are.

The Time of Change has come."

Well sorry about tearing apart your theory. :( Nasty business, tearing apart theories... had to be done though. :D

That is the first theory I have read that meets RJ's thought that it was pretty obvious. I was leaning to Grendal because I could not see how Lanfear could have done it. Lanfear set Rand up with ASMO, but Rand betrayed her with Avienda. Lanfear would be the prime candidate to take him out becuse she was no longer helping Rand, if fact was pretty furious with him. If slayer could have met her in Finland, it gives Lanfear the means she has lacked. she always had the best motive.

Could be Moridin had it done or ordered Slayer to do it, after the mind trap of Cyndane revealed Asmodean's whereabouts and activities.

Could be Moridin had it done or ordered Slayer to do it, after the mind trap of Cyndane revealed Asmodean's whereabouts and activities.

Nah, Moridin is out because he had not been introduced yet. It couldn't be intuativly obvious it was him if we hadn't met him yet. Besides, Asmo's death occured only a few days after Lanfear went through the doorframe. In aKoD Cyndane talks about having been held by the Finn meaning that she was their prisoner for some time. Going on the assumption that Lanfear was tortured similarly to Mogi before being fitted with a mindtrap all of the following things had to have occured between the time Lanfear entered Finnland and the time of Asmo's death: Lanfear had to be held by the Finn, die, be trasmigrated, tourtured, fit with a mindtrap and handed over to Moridin. It seems unlikely that there would have been sufficient time for all these things to happen.

Another thing in favor of this theory...Asmo did not have to recognize Luc/Isam, because of the resemblance to Lan and Rand, whom Asmo had been around quite a bit. It would be ironic if the 'YOU! NO!' was actually Asmo thinking it was Lan or Rand, but it was really Luc/Isam.

Beowulf, in regards to what you said about him not being able to casually walk in and out..thats why im saying he'd have to have a connection with them to be able to do that. So thats my proof for there connection. And for the other thing you said, nobody said he couldn't be with the Finn's and be a SDF (Super Dark Friend) as well haha. Sorry about the run-on-sentances by the way:).

A few things:

1. Slayer's thoughts about "more recently the chosen" seems to imply that when the forsaken awoke "recently" he had to take their orders like he did the DO.

2. I'm not sure slayer actually enterred the tower of Ghenji. He led Perrin there but then may have simply jumped very far away or simply jumped out of TAR altogether.

3. Slayer could have simply taken the body with him back into TAR but WHY??!! Any possible motive for slayer to kill Asmo would be better served by leaving the body.

4. We have seen slayer fondly think about killing the AS in the stone. I think if he got to off a forsaken he would likely think about that as being even better.

Archived