DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mat meets Cadsuane

Guest Fire Lord

Guest Fire Lord

We were discussing the Rand and Cadsuane thing, about him needing respect and all that, and someone mentioned Mat meeting Cadsuane...

Well, I'm not sure it's that likely to happen, but oh well...

Mat stalked into the room glaring around, Tuon and bloody Selucia at his heels. The bloody woman seemed not to have a thought beyond shadowing Tuon, even when Mat was with her alone. As if he was a danger to her.

He glared around, saw Nynaeve in one corner, listening deferently if with a stiff face to an Aes Sedai occupied with needles and thread. She-the bloody Aes Sedai-looked like she chewed rocks and drank stones. Nynaeve probably was still playing at being Aes Sedai. And when that real one found out, likely Mat bloody Cauthon would be the one to pull her out of trouble.

He spotted Rand in another corner, talking to Min, and he stalked towards them. "Ah, there you are, Rand," he said, "I've been looking all over the bloody place for you."

"One," Cadsuane said without raising her eyes.

Mat glanced at her. Who in bloody hell is she? he thought. He fingered the medallion. It was just cool. None was channelling around. Trust Aes Sedai to do that as their fancy strikes. But he was safe from Aes Sedai and their schemes, now. Well, as safe as a man can be and still be in this bloody world.

"Rand," Mat said most emphatically, "we've some...issues to discuss." He paused, kept a straight face and especially didn't look at Min. "How you bloody spend your free-"

"Two," Cadsuane said, still busy with her needles. Nynaeve was watching now, and Mat suspected she hid a smirk behind her hand.

Abruptly Mat remembered seeing Rand talking to a tough Aes Sedai in one of those bloody auras that came when he thought about him. It was her! But yes. The bloody auras.

"Rand," Mat tried again, "your free time is yours to spend as you wish, but you could try to flamming keep it to your bloody self."

"Three," Cadsuane said again. She tilted her head. "And four."

"Who is the bl-, ah, the Aes Sedai,?" Mat asked. "And what is she bloody counting?"

Nynaeve sighed and rolled her eyes upward as Cadsuane embraced saidar.

Suddenly the medallion went ice-cold on his chest and Mat spun, glaring furiously. It seemed he had not done anything else other than glare lately. He caught the fading shock on Cadsuane and knew she was channeling on him. Why couldn't bloody Aes Sedai keep to their flamming business and leave him alone?

"That one is a tough one, Cadsuane," Nynaeve said, doing heroic efforts to keep from laughing out loud. Cadsuane thought quickly, knew he must be wearing a ter'angreal much like hers.

She swept to her feet, glided towards them, raised her hand and slapped the boy. (Mat, not Rand). Or at least tried to. Mat snatched her hand from the air before it could land on his cheek.

"Keep your bloody hands from my flamming husband, marath'damane," Tuon drawled cooly. "Selucia, prepare an adam."

"I can take her out," Selucia drawled hotly, falling into her karate mode. Tuon snapped fingers, and she fell back into her servant mode and darted out.

Mat released Cadsuane and hastily stepped back from her. "Bloody good company you keep, Rand," he said. "Barely here and yet my bloody head already begs to be taken off." The flamming Aes Sedai looked like she could hand it to him on a golden platter.

Cadsuane thought quickly, returned to her seat. Mat sighed in relief, then saw the bowl of water suddenly fly through the air. He cursed, ducked. Rand received the bowl in his face.

"The Dark One's flamming toes!" he belowed, stumbling back. Nynaeve laughed.

Mat straightened. "Rand, who is the flamming Aes Sedai? They shouldn't take it on me if you anger them."

"Mat," Rand said angrily, "meet Cadsuane bloody Melhaidrin."

"Boy," (Rand, not Mat) Cadsuane began, "you-"

Rand overode her ruthlessly. "Cadsuane, meet Mat bloody Cauthon. Min, are you coming?" The last as he rushed to the door. He had no wish to be here if things were going to be flying around, and him most likely at the receiving end. And he had no wish to see the other man as he grabbed for saidin. That is, if he managed not to sick up. And to keep the Power from Lweis Therin.

"Trade carefully, boy," Cadsuane said from her seat. "I hold a Forsaken prisonner, and I've paddled a few kings' bottoms."

"And trade carefully, old woman," Mat retorted angrily. He had been mostly angry of late. "I myself have been in the presence of a few Forsaken"-granted he had not done much-"and I've paddled a few Aes Sedai bottoms!"

"Matrim Cauthon!" Nynaeve said, straightening up.

I so knew she was going to say that! Mat thought. Like, why do they always say my whole bloody name? Isn't bloody Mat enough? He would never understand women. Especially not Aes Sedai. He stalked out of the room-it seemed he had been doing a lot of stalking of late-before things could get anymore heated.

I too enjoyed it, very good writing, I think RJ would get a kick out of that. However, I'm forced to agree with this guy (^) I don't think RJ would allow Cadsuane to be thrown off balance so easily, yet if he did, Mat would certainly be the one to do it. Again, great writing. :lol:

That was just bloody awesome!

You got the characters of Mat, Cadsuane, Nynaeve and Rand flaming perfect!

I really do think you took their essence as RJ has them written in Knife of Dreams and really done a great job in this little scenario. I would LOVE to see Cadsuane put in her place by a male no less. (I would prefer Rand to put her in her place....maybe some flows of flame to singe her pretty dress perhaps since she had the audacity to spank him as if he was a little boy with flows of air...sheesh! But I hate her character!)

But it would be just as nice to see bloody Matrim Cauthon put the flaming marath'damane in her place!

Guest Fire Lord

Seriously guys, thank you. 8)

But no more praise, I've no need of a swolen head. But then again, I've no fear of that, I rely on you guys to shoot it down as fast as it swelled

vegetattack15 wrote:

I liked it, but even though I can't stand Cads, I can't see RJ letting anybody get the best of her in a situation so easily. He writes her like she is part creator part Harriet.

Yeah, I've to agree to that too. As it is, I had intended her to go down a few more levels, but after much consideration, I decided she'd not allow me to get her as down as I wanted.

Saberfang wrote:

I too enjoyed it, very good writing, I think RJ would get a kick out of that. However, I'm forced to agree with this guy (^) I don't think RJ would allow Cadsuane to be thrown off balance so easily, yet if he did, Mat would certainly be the one to do it. Again, great writing.

Same here. It seems to be more or less a draw between Rand and Cadsuane, but I think Mat could edge her out.

Thanks again.

:D I think I'm glowing right now. :D

Guest Fire Lord

Any idea of how she would react if Mat started cursing around her? I seriously don't think becoming Prince of Ravens or being around Aes Sedai will cure that out of him.

He may try to mind his language, but not always. It's too much in his character. Imagine holding a conversation with Uno in which he doesn't utter a single curse?

:-o shivers :-o

Mat isn't Uno. Not even close. Mat tends to swear in his own thoughts more than he does out loud. He spent much of the last two books in close quarters with AS and other females who would not tolerate "filthy" language, and he didn't seem to have ANY problems or get reprimanded for shoddy speech.

He swore when the situation justified it. I honestly think Rand and Mat and Perrin and whoever should swear as much as they want around the Aes Sedai and not tolerate their whining about rudeness. Those with the power to ingore Aes Sedai should not be afraid or bound by some of the ridiuclous moral conventions kept by the Aes Sedai. Rand's a grown man, if he wants to swear Cads should shut up and let him. Now if he throws someone out a window... now i'd say thats rudeness that could use some punishing.

I would very much like to see Cadsuane turned over Mat's knee. Yet I think that such a scene would make me far to happy, their would be no flavor left in life after that.

Guest Fire Lord

Actually, Cadsuane's mouth falls open :-)(literally):-) when Sorilea shows her the weave for Travelling... The only time in the books I remember her showing surprise...

;-)A cherished moment...;-)

Archived