DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Perrin Prophecies

DocBean

Here are some Perrin Viewings, I don't have KoD in here so Crossroads is the latest you get. I'll do other character viewings another time, perrin was easier than say Matt or Rand.

From Min:

TEoTW - wolf, broken crown, trees flowering all around him.

TDR - An Aiel in a cage, a Tinker with a sword, a female falcon and a female hawk on his shoulders, a darkness swirling around him.

LOC - RAND and PERRIN: "When you two were together, I saw those fireflies and the darkness stronger than ever.... But with two of you in the same room, the fireflies were holding their own instead of being eaten faster than they can swarm, the way they do when you're alone. Twice he's going to have to be there, or you [Rand]...." "If he's not, something bad will happen to you." "Very bad." Rand: "Then I'll just have to keep him around." Min: "I don't know that that will be enough, it will happen if he is not there, but nothing I saw said it won't because he is. It will be very bad, Rand."

from Egwene:

TDR - Perrin with a falcon on his shoulder, and Perrin with a hawk. Only the hawk held a leash in her talons--Egwene was somehow convinced both the hawk and falcon were female--and the hawk was trying to fasten it around Perrin's neck.

And that dream of Perrin--with a beard!--leading a huge pack of wolves that stretched as far as the eye could see.

and Perrin stepping willingly over the edge of a towering cliff while saying, "It must be done. I must learn to fly before I reach the bottom."

There had been one dream of an Aiel, and she thought that had to do with Perrin, too, but she was not sure.

Why should Perrin have a falcon on his shoulder, and what was important about him choosing between that axe he wore now and a blacksmith's hammer?

TFOH - ...Perrin, lounging with Faile on his lap, kissing her while she played with the short-cut beard that he wore in the dream. Behind them two banners waved, a red wolf's head and a crimson eagle. A man in a bright yellow coat stood near to Perrin's shoulder, a sword strapped to his back; in some way she knew that he was a Tinker, though no Tinker would ever touch a sword. And every bit of it except the beard seemed important. The banners, Faile kissing Perrin, even the Tinker. Every time he moved closer to Perrin it was if a chill of doom shot through everything.

LOC - Perrin came and stood before her, a wolf lying at his feet, a hawk and a falcon perched on his shoulders glaring at each other over his head. Seemingly unaware of them, he kept trying to throw away that axe of his until finally he ran, the axe floating through the air chasing him.

Again Perrin; he turned away from a Tinker and ran, faster and faster though she called for him to come back.

POD - Perrin and a Tinker, frenziedly hacking their way through brambles with axe and sword, unaware of the cliff that lay just ahead. And the brambles screamed with human voices they did not hear.

any thoughts on the one about the trees growing around him alluding to him finding the tinkers song?

why doesn't egwene recognize aram in the dreams she has? wasn't she with perrin when they met with the tinkers and didn't aram and her have the hots for each other?

every time i reread these books and see how far ahead RJ had these things laid out, i'm so amazed. he did a heck of a job writing these books. it just goes to show he has a definite idea of where the story is going and not just keeping it going to milk it like some authors seem to.

Guest Barmacral

I suspect that the dream just wasn't descriptive enough for her to recognize aram, he may have looked different in the dream, or perhaps she couldn't see his face or something...

any thoughts on the one about the trees growing around him alluding to him finding the tinkers song?

I think that the flowering trees is a fortelling of Perrin visiting his family's graves in the apple grove near their old home. Loial sung to the trees before they left the Two Rivers and the flowered.

Archived