DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World Cup 2014

redarm

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greece are through ahead of Ivory Coast. Don't know why everyone is calling it unfair. Sio clearly caught Samaras' foot on that last minute penalty.

And Uruguay beat Italy and qualify, but have probably lost Suarez who decided to eat a part of Chiellini's shoulder.

And Uruguay beat Italy and qualify, but have probably lost Suarez who decided to eat a part of Chiellini's shoulder.

Ridiculous. Why on earth Suarez decides he needs to eat people at his skill level is beyond me. It just doesn't make sense. 

As much as I am disappointed that he will probably miss a whole heap of liverpool games, and his sell value will plummet, I can't feel sorry for him. Damn it Suarez, ruining a great career. Surely he can wait 90 before eating human flesh. 

Though they let in 3 goals Nigeria hadn't had a goal passed them before that. Defence is their strongest department. The free kick Messi scored wouldn't have been saved by any keeper in the world, I tip him to win the golden boot, take him out of the Argentina team and they look average. He is undoubtedly the best player in the world, he dribbles, shoots, is tough despite his size and gets back to help out in defence which is more than you can say for the big head from portugal. He can in short, on his day rip apart any team in the world, he has done to the elite of Europe for the last few years for Barca, were his record speaks for itself, last years injury hit season aside.

Now to see if France can achieve 'best group stage campaign'. So far only Columbia have been consistently good in all three matches. The Dutch have won their three games and the Spainish game quality, but their performance against Australia was terrible and they were lucky to win (Depay saved the day). Argentina, Brazil. Germany and Belgium have all had ordinary performances even if they may have won. 

France has definitely looked the best so far (although to be fair, they have a fairly easy group compared to some), I hope to see Benzema score a few more against Ecuador. 

Though they let in 3 goals Nigeria hadn't had a goal passed them before that. Defence is their strongest department. The free kick Messi scored wouldn't have been saved by any keeper in the world, I tip him to win the golden boot, take him out of the Argentina team and they look average. He is undoubtedly the best player in the world, he dribbles, shoots, is tough despite his size and gets back to help out in defence which is more than you can say for the big head from portugal. He can in short, on his day rip apart any team in the world, he has done to the elite of Europe for the last few years for Barca, were his record speaks for itself, last years injury hit season aside.

As great as all that is, it was already the case in 2010, and Argentina got torn apart by Germany. Great offence is great but without anything to back it up, you're not going anywhere.

If Argentina come up against Germany, France, Nederlands, Brazil or even Columbia in their current form they are likely to get taken down, Messi or no. They don't have the quality surrounding him. Higuain and Aguero have been sub-par and the Argentinian defence leaves much to be desired. 

Notice how all of Messi's goals save one have been completely solo efforts. He may be the best player in the world, but he can't take on a team by himself. 

As great as all that is, it was already tuée in 2010, and Argentina got torn apart by Germany. Great offence is great but without anything to back it up, you're not going anywhere.

I already said Argentina are average without Messi, but having a player like him can make the difference. How far they get will be down to him, but he can make a average team do great things. After seeing all the the other teams play I don't think anyone has shone they all look average, so inspired by Messi I thing Argentina can win it, thus my comment about him winning it on his own.

Not much to take away from that match. France didn't particularly seem interested in attacking in the first half, and with Ecuador mostly unable to, it made for quite a bore. Valencia's sending off kind of forced France to be a bit more offensive, which opened up space for Ecuador to counter though they still had few occasions and Lloris never really looked very threatened. France probably could have scored had they been a bit more clinical, or Dominguez a bit less brilliant. Doesn't really matter though, the important thing was to not lose and to avoid any suspensions or injuries. A win wasn't needed, nor did they go all out to get it even with the varions players left on the bench. So not much to take from this match.

However, Sakho and Giroud need to be careful with their elbows. More of that and it's going to cost them.

Well, that was a controversial red for Valencia. I'm not sure what I think of it, I understand the referee's position on it as the damage was definitely substantial and dangerous, but Valencia was not particularly at fault.

I thought it was harsh too. I guess the ref considered it was too dangerous.

Archived