DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World Cup 2014

redarm

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-2 final score but what the hell ref! It should have been 6 but that moron whistled as Benzema shot. Letting the play finish is the basics. Doesn't change much but it sucks for Benzema. Anyway great performance, no big deal for the 2 swiss goals. The first won't happen again and the second is a lack of concentration, and a beautiful volley.

Benzema: 3 goals, 3 assists + 1 missed penalty, the own goal against Honduras, and that last one that SHOULD have counted. Superb start for him.

France and Germany for sure. Depending of course on how the Germans perform next. 

So far, this world cup has been delightfully surprising. It's like GoT. Any one of the best teams can be brutally beaten and knocked out  and the proverbial dwarfs shine. 

Just as I typed this, Messi comes up with a beautiful strike to save Argentina's backsides. 

Iran deserved better. If Argentina continue like this they won't make it past the quarters, same as Brazil. 

Ghana look much better, causing quite a bit of trouble to Germany.

Also good news for France is Sakho appears to be alright. Koscielny should probably still start against Ecuador just to be safe.

Ghana fought hard for that, it was well deserved. 

Germany outclassed them, apart from a sloppy period in the second half, but Ghana defended excellently, they just couldn't score. 

Their tactics were successful, and deserved a draw. I think Germany were too good to lose, so yeah, draw is a good result. 

Some funny stuff with Neuer and that mishap, just shows his skill. 

Then Muller at the end there beaten and bloody, sums up the game really. A well fought contest. (hope both players are alright)

I've never really paid attention to the World Cup until this year, but I'm happy with the result of today. That last minute goal hurt since we could've had that W in the bag, but a draw is better than a loss. We'll see how things hold up against Germany and the result of the Ghana/Portugal game.

There is already a bit of conspiracy talk about an agreed upon tie between USA and Germany to ensure they BOTH advance. What do you all think about that?

Also a lot of talk about Bradley stinking it up in the game. I didn't get to see it so I can't say.

Englands last game this world cup. Shame. I don't think any of the teams that beat us were better teams just a bit more cute. I haven't seen any team so far who England couldn't beat. We'll come back stronger, soon we will be a force.

But well done Costa Rica, apart from getting beat by us (hopefully) hope they do well.

Archived