DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World Cup 2014

redarm

Not really a surprise there. Colombia has a great line-up. They are similar to Chile in the respect nobody really expects them to actually be any good.

Let's hope Greece unleash some Hellenistic pride to make things interesting.

I don't know about that. While few expect them to win, both Chile and Colombia have been considered to be dark horses.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really a surprise there. Colombia has a great line-up. They are similar to Chile in the respect nobody really expects them to actually be any good. 

I don't know about that. While few expect them to win, both Child and Colombia have been considered to be dark horses.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant the casual football fan as 'nobody' heh. 

I don't know about that. While few expect them to win, both Child and Colombia have been considered to be dark horses.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant the casual football fan as 'nobody' heh.

I don't know about that I am about as casual a football fan there is (only watching the big tourneys cause I don't have satellite or cable tv) and even I know that you can't discount the South Americans

haha alright, I give in! Maybe it's the lack of knowledge in Australia that's shading my view. Not the most football-fanatic country in the world. 

Then again, nor is Canada, and you know a decent amount. 

I think I should just call it quits and assume I know nothing about the knowledge of football fans :tongue: 

3~1 costa rica the first shock result of the cup.

Uhhh, well, I'd be lying if I said I was expecting the dutch to walk all over Spain.
the result was no surprise, the score line was.
That's debatable. While Spain hasn't been flamboyant recently, nothing hinted to them not having the upper hand against a a Netherlands team that was a bit of a mess. Still I agree that the scoreline is by far the most shocking part.

Also I think Pirlo must mean poet in italian.

Uhhh, well, I'd be lying if I said I was expecting the dutch to walk all over Spain.
That's debatable. While Spain hasn't been flamboyant recently, nothing hinted to them not having the upper hand against a a Netherlands team that was a bit of a mess. Still I agree that the scoreline is by far the most shocking part.

Really? Spain hasn't played well for about a year now. They're getting old and even their steady pace and superb passing can't make up for the great offense Netherlands puts forward. I mean Sneidjer, Robben, and Van Persie is frightening.

I can't say I expected the score line at the end, but I was expecting a two goal differential in Netherlands favor.

Really? Spain hasn't played well for about a year now. They're getting old and even their steady pace and superb passing can't make up for the great offense Netherlands puts forward. I mean Sneidjer, Robben, and Van Persie is frightening.

I can't say I expected the score line at the end, but I was expecting a two goal differential in Netherlands favor.

everything I heard was putting it heavy in Spanish favour. In fact some of the odds I saw where giving 1:5 for Netherlands win

unlucky England last night. The final ball or the finishing wasnt good enough, the Italians had 1 second half chance and took it. Could be time to drop Rooney though he crossed well for the sturridge goal he did little else and missed a chance you have to take at international level, he looks low on confidence and maybe a start from the bench would do him good, letting someone else handle the pressure. Anyway the game against Uruguay is massive one, either side cannot afford to lose, its going to be beyond nervy.

Spain haven't been playing great, but Netherlands have been very average. Recent results seemed to suggest Spain were favorites.

Italy win. Everyone looks exhausted.

Spain were favorites but you can never be too surprised when a team of Hollands class wins, no matter who they play against.

unlucky England last night. The final ball or the finishing wasnt good enough, the Italians had 1 second half chance and took it. Could be time to drop Rooney though he crossed well for the sturridge goal he did little else and missed a chance you have to take at international level, he looks low on confidence and maybe a start from the bench would do him good, letting someone else handle the pressure. Anyway the game against Uruguay is massive one, either side cannot afford to lose, its going to be beyond nervy.

That and there was hiliriously bad corner kick he took...

Spain haven't been playing great, but Netherlands have been very average. Recent results seemed to suggest Spain were favorites.

Italy win. Everyone looks exhausted.

Spain were favorites but you can never be too surprised when a team of Hollands class wins, no matter who they play against.

For sure. Individual talent can turn a game, especially with an opponent playing as feebly as Spain were.

Archived