DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WELCOME TO THE BLACK TOWER (Your First Stop Here)

Panchi

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Launchpad McQuack

Where did male channelers live during the Age of Legends? Was there a Black tower to match the White? Did they destroy it during the breaking? Why is there never any mention of it?

Where did male channelers live during the Age of Legends? Was there a Black tower to match the White? Did they destroy it during the breaking? Why is there never any mention of it?

All channelers belonged to the Hall of Servants, if I remember it right. There was no White Tower (or Black Tower) before the breaking. Male and female Aes Sedai worked together. It was after the breaking of the world that the femail Aes Sedai had to find each other to help the world (and find the male Aes Sedai so they could be gentled). Then they founded the White Tower. It was Rand that came up with the idea of a Black Tower and to name the male channelers Asha´mans. 

Hi! Great to see a new face here. Would you like to join the Black Tower? 

I believe that, in the Age of Legends, there was no formal "gathering place" or anything like there is in the Third Age (and Fourth Age, presumably). There was the Hall of Servants, which seems to have been some kind of parliament-like place, but also a kind of home to all Aes Sedai (remember, male channelers were Aes Sedai too in the Age of Legends), but apart from the Hall, channelers seem to have lived basically wherever they were needed, maybe like the Kin does, but without the secrecy. Many, I presume, would have lived at the Hall of Servants or a university or something similar though.

Well, you just did.

Panchi should be sending you a PM with some welcome information and stuff soon. In the meanwhile, I'll create a welcome thread for you. It's most likely up by the time you read this, but on the other hand I'm too lazy to make it first and then link it here.