DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HOW EXACTLY

ASHAMAN1282083201

In very simple terms he peeled it off much like peeling the skin from a bananna, if you were to peel the skin off by forcing it through a pipe or ring the same size as the "meat" inside the skin.

On a side note, he also had to channel every drop of tainted saidin available to be channeled, if he didn't the bananna would not be completley peeled.

As i understand it, what he did was utilized the inherent repulsion between saidar and saidin in squeeze saidin. By creating a funnel of saidar, and restricting the passage, he forced saidin to squeeze in on itself because it would not mix with saidar. This left no room for the taint forcing it out like water from a sponge.

I always believed it was Mashadar that did most of the work. Mashadar is pure concentrated hate of the DO. The taint is the "residue" of the DO so Mashadar would try to destroy every last drop of it.

Rand used Saidar to make a tube and forced enough Saidin through that tube so that Mashadar began to feed on the taint. Then Mashadar began to syphon the taint off the surface of Saidin. All Rand had to do was hold up the conduit until all of the taint had been syphoned off.

I always believed it was Mashadar that did most of the work. Mashadar is pure concentrated hate of the DO. The taint is the "residue" of the DO so Mashadar would try to destroy every last drop of it.

Rand used Saidar to make a tube and forced enough Saidin through that tube so that Mashadar began to feed on the taint. Then Mashadar began to syphon the taint off the surface of Saidin. All Rand had to do was hold up the conduit until all of the taint had been syphoned off.

That's more what I thought too - otherwise they could have done it anywhere, or. I kind of see it like saidar being a funnel or maybe a centrifuge that separated the taint form the rest of Saidin - and then Mashadar destroyed it. Otherwise it would have just made "blob" and mixed up again at the end of the funnel.

That is also why the idea that Fain is the last great weapon against the DO and still has a role to play for the light makes sense.

Archived