DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Silicon Valley

WWWwombat

It's just the whole concept of making fun of nerd and nerd culture while at the same time trying to popularize and mainstream it that bothers me.

The very idea of a comedy show about Silicon Valley is what bothers me in the first place. To be fair though it might actually be better than BBT I'm just not inclined to give it a try. I do know I legitimately dislike BBT though, which I did try.

Those rich-fast-paced-young-hot-lots-of-sex-these-people-are-shitbags-but-we-want-you-to-laugh-with-them-anyway shows never really strike my fancy.  I prefer real, flawed characters that either grow or rot.  If you give me a real character with real writing then frankly I don't really care if they're all hot and rich.

Californication, for me, is a show that always comes to mind when I think of real, flawed characters and great writing despite the fact that it's full of ridiculously attractive people and the shenanigans can be a bit too contrived.

• Community Administrator

Californication, for me, is a show that always comes to mind when I think of real, flawed characters and great writing despite the fact that it's full of ridiculously attractive people and the shenanigans can be a bit too contrived.

I watch Californiacation because of David Duchovny... That, and his 'daughter' on the show is freaking hilarious.

• 3 months later...

Archived