DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Power of Song

dimmu666

and so the Tinkers are set on an eternal quest to find a song that will change the world and bring back peace. A song that will have the effect of making people feel contentment like under Avendesora so that no one wants to do anything but to laze around enjoying a somewhat orgasmic bliss. AWESOMEEEE.

Now the question is....do you think they will find it? and if they do, what kind of song would it be?

My personal view is that they will find the song. Although it would be a total anticlimax to TG if it simply ends the war like that, i think at least it will be sung after the war. Well obviously i'm talking about after the DO is totally wolloped by rand, the tinkers will sing the song, chora trees will be planted and thus the inevitable seanchan war would totally be put off. And there is no doubt that that song is in fact GET DOWN by Backstreet BOYZZZZZ.

Get down, get down and move it all aroundddd!

• Community Administrator

The song isn't actually a song, its a bloodline. The Aiel started out orginally as servants to the Aes Sedia back in the AOLs. Its sugjested that they are genetically altered to do the specific job. Now Look at loial, he can 'sing', and he's got a great potential to be one of the best at it. The song is a bloodline, and the tinkers have to find it amongst themselves, and amongst the aiel. Until they do, they will never find it. And the one person who can tell them, is Rand. Once he does that the Tinkers will probably scour the aiel, and get the ogier to help, and they'll eventually find em, as the ogier know 'growing songs' which is only just touching the water when it comes to the 'song'. But this won't happen until after the Final Battle. Theres no reason for a 'peace' song to be sung during the battle, the shadow would just own everyone. Afterwords it would be something drastedly needed. Now that the 'great evil' is defeatead, people are going to go right at each others throat. And that is where the song will play a major role.

There is no firm evidence about them being genetically altered though.

And if the bloodline is truly the song' date=' then they will never ever find it again due to outside blood polluting the genepool.[/quote']

That is not true Thor. The Aiel are still pureblood. The only Aiel that have mixed genes are the Tinkers.

So the tinkers will never find it again. And with the Aiel so reluctant to approach tinkers, how will the song be found?

Maybe that is the remnant of the remnant? Those who approch the tinkers I mean, aiels certainly like "dancing".

Well... the Song isn't an actual song, so they won't find it. Its an enaction of a Talent called the Voice. The words are not important, just as an Ogier could strive to sing the same song Loial sings, unless they have the Talent as a Treesinger, they wont achieve jack. And neither will the Tinkers, even if they learn the Song.

Aside from which the Song they seek is a throwback to the ideal of how the Aiel lived in the Age of Legends... even if one of them asserted the Voice, it wouldn't bring back the Age of Legends. I mean Loial has the Ogier version of that ability, and we've all seen the limited effect it has.

Archived