DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

cadsuane ' age

valic

@nevertame,

i used two reference points,cadsuane date of birth 705NE,and rand date of birth 978NE,

i completely ignored the eye of the world calendar,if this is indeed the case and the eye of the world

begins in 998NE rand is 20 years old not 18,and i clearly(?) remember that he is 18 years old in the

beginning of our story.

oh well,maybe it's time to reread the first book again lol.

From RJ's notes on Cads:

Interview: 2006Cadsuane Melaidhrin Robert Jordan

Cadsuane Melaidhrin was born in 705 NE in the city-state of Far Madding. At the age of fifteen, she went to the White Tower. There she spent six years as a novice and five years as Accepted. She might have moved faster as novice and Accepted—in fact almost certainly should have—but she was noted for both her stubbornness and her pride (read arrogance). At age 26, she was raised Aes Sedai and chose the Green Ajah.......

Lots of great stuff in her notes for those interested.

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=652

As for length of story from Steven Cooper's timeline it would seem to be closer to 4 than 2-3.

@suttree,

i did use two reference points to calculate the length of the story,

from the eye of the world until the beginning of winter heart i used steve cooper's timeline,

and from winter heart onwards my reference point was elayne pregnancy(i decided arbitrarily

that elayne was seven months pregnant during the last battle),and i got two years and eight months.

are my timeline results wrong?

by the way,do you remember how old was rand in the beginning of the story?

Don't know where you are getting 4 years. That's not what I see in Steven Cooper's timeline. He has The Eye of the World starting in early 998 NE and has The Gathering Storm ending in mid-1000 NE. A little less than two and half years at that point. ToM was mostly concurrent with The Gathering Storm, and in any event there is no way that a year and half was covered by ToM and aMoL. Realistically, jack of shadows has it right when saying 2-3 years, and this is backed up by Cooper's timeline.

@suttree,

i did use two reference points to calculate the length of the story,

from the eye of the world until the beginning of winter heart i used steve cooper's timeline,

and from winter heart onwards my reference point was elayne pregnancy(i decided arbitrarily

that elayne was seven months pregnant during the last battle),and i got two years and eight months.

are my timeline results wrong?

No you are somewhat close actually. Did a quick glance earlier and I was off. We go March 998- June 1000 at the end of TGS according to Steven Cooper. We don't know much after that due to all of the timeline errors/issues that made Cooper quit his project but if I had to guess I would say your estimate is a good one.

Checked Cooper's timeline a number of days ago; both the prequel and the main series.  Chapter 1 of Eye of the World begins a number of months before Rand's birthday.  Rand becomes 20 sometime during Great Hunt.

the Starscape only prologue takes place about several years before the main series.  exactly when, I am not sure about.

Archived