DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New member, Waited Until I Finished Series to Join

Dauntless

Hi there!

I am a new forum member and am excited to see what kind of community is fostered here and whether I will fit into this or add to it meaningfully. As seems a standard reaction, I was kind of bummed to have the series conclude (first read through was all fourteen in the last six months). I counter that by attempting to always live a life that fulfills my heart's desire for stories just as epic as our beloved :wheel:Ta'varens' :wheel:. Thanks in advance to everyone who has made a way for a series this great to live on!

First question - when should I finally read New Spring (haven't yet)? Now, or when I decide someday in the future to re-read the entire series?

-Dauntless

Welcome to Dragonmount! :D

Do take a look around the boards, we have a lot of fun social groups and activities and discussion!

Regarding New Spring, at this point I say anytime you like. If you don't feel that the jump ~20 years back on the timeline right after the ending would be underwhelming, and if you want to  spend some more time in the world without yet rereading the books you've just finished, this would be a perfect time. But I can also understand if it feels like it would be anticlimactic at this point to go back to the... er, backstory. I guess. Personally I'm at a point where I can pick up pretty much any of the books, open it at a random page and start reading and be immersed again within a few pages. (This keeps happening when I'm looking up some scene or a detail for reference in a discussion. Mildly inconvenient sometimes.)

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! I hope to see you around! :D

I read New Spring after the 3rd book.  Great timing.  Welcome to DM.  Are you also a fan of the Divergent Trilogy?  I've read all three and likely will see the movie this weekend.

I read New Spring after the 3rd book.  Great timing.  Welcome to DM.  Are you also a fan of the Divergent Trilogy?  I've read all three and likely will see the movie this weekend.

I am! I'm an Ender fan above all (even over WoT :x !) but finished Uglies/Pretties/Specials, Battle Royale, Hunger Games trilo and the first two of divergent all around the same time last year. I finally picked up Roth's 'Allegiant' yesterday now that

the Bore has been...dealt with

Worth noting that the entirety of GoT was NOT even half as good as the slow part around book 7 of WoT, IMHO. Really glad to see so much redemption present in Jordan's presentation of balance in the Pattern.

Welcome to Dragonmount!

Wait... you haven't read Extras, the book after Specials? Tally is quite scary is that

New Spring, my opinion is same as others. Myself, I read it after KoD but during rereads I start with New Spring.

And be prepared for Allegiant surprises :wink:

Am I the only person in the world who DIDN'T like Divergent? (don't kill me) I couldn't even finish the first book, and I usually finish every book I start, no matter how bad it is.

Mayyyyyybeeee? I loved it, personally. :smile:

Archived