DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Logains Glory?

Ared Mosinel

As TG is rumbling closer and I'm hoping Logain will achieve his glory in the series, does anyone agree with me that Logain will be the one responsible for saving Rand at TG? Basically I'm expecting Rand to run off on his own to fight the DO, get his bunny kicked and be left for dead bleeding on the rocks of shayol ghul, Logain, the loyal Ashaman and the AS sworn to Rand will Travel in and scoop him up for some Healing followed by a combined counter-attack.

All opposed by Taims Black Tower and the Black Ajah.

It doesn't get much more glorious than saving the DR at the very last minute.

Any thoughts????

Just a random thought, without any support, but I wonder if Logain isn't Guire Amsolam reborn (sp)? The BWB mentions that Guire was a great and charismatic leader that probably would have taken over the world if he hadn't been defeated by Artur Hawkwing, and then goes on to mention Guire and Logain together.

Maybe Logain is the False Dragon Reborn, fated to be reborn again and again, only to be eclipsed by some other Tavreen, that is until he gets his one big chance, after TG. Just throwing that out there.

Guest cwestervelt
Just a random thought' date=' without any support, but I wonder if Logain isn't Guire Amsolam reborn (sp)? The BWB mentions that Guire was a great and charismatic leader that probably would have taken over the world if he hadn't been defeated by Artur Hawkwing, and then goes on to mention Guire and Logain together.

Maybe Logain is the False Dragon Reborn, fated to be reborn again and again, only to be eclipsed by some other Tavreen, that is until he gets his one big chance, after TG. Just throwing that out there.[/quote']

Close but no cigar.

I believe Guaire himself was a reincarnation of someone important. I also believe we have sufficient information between the BWB and the earlier books to figure out who he was. I'm not going to bother saying anything more. What I already said is enough to gain me a permanent crackpot label.

I read a theory once that he was LTT reborn, but that was pretty solidly debunked by looking at the prophecies. The prophecies are pretty convincing that LTT was never reborn any time after his life and before Rand...

Not that that is what Cwest's theory is... just thought I'd mention it while we were on the subject. :)

Guest cwestervelt

Since rd2000 asked, it is my oppinion that Guaire Amalason was an actual, albeit unrecognized, incarnation of Lews Therin Telamon.

Guaire Amalason is referred to as the "Second Dragon" when it discusses Hawkwing. I believe that statement to be more true than is generally accepted.

In The Great Hunt Hawkwing tell Rand, "I have fought by you side times beyond number, Lews Therin, and faced you as many more. The Wheel spins us out for its purposes, not ours, to serve the Pattern." The implication is that Hawkwing and Lews Therin have had simultaneous incarnations on numerous occasions. I believe that one such occasion was when Guaire Amalason was making his claim of being the Dragon Reborn.

LTT was not spun out to be the Dragon Reborn at that time so there was no need to fulfill any of the Prophesies. The purpose he was spun out for was to provide the catalyst needed for Hawking, currently the king of a relatively insignificant nation, to establish an empire.

Well, there you are. Crackpot theory of the day/week/month/whatever.

Guest cwestervelt

I don't spend much time browsing for what theories are out there so I was unaware anyone had posted it there. It's good to know that the material presented is sufficient to lead more than one individual to the same conclusion.

Ared, I don't think that Rand will duel the DO in quite that way. I don't see him, or any channeler, being strong enough to fight the DO like that. I think it will quite literally be his blood that saves mankind, not his weaves.

I think you're dead-on with the opposition from Taim though, and that's where I think Logain's glory will lie- in clubbing Taim like a harp seal and taking charge of the Ahsa'man, leading them into a new age for male channelers and their relations with Aes Sedai.

Thanks for posting the theory Cwest. I have to agree that it sounds very convincing on the surface. I have to think on it awhile and try to find some holes. :D The speech that you quoted from Hawkwing and something similar Ishy told LTT in the prologue of EOTW have had me wondering on just such things myself.

No, then Rand would be the Second Dragon Reborn.

Seriously though, maybe being the Dragon Reborn means that Rand is unique among incarnations of Lews Therin.The other incarnations lived normal lives, never hearing any voices or knowing they were the incarnation of LTT. The Wheel just spun their lives so they would be in the right places at the right times.

personally i think Logain will step over Rand to finish sealing the bore. he gains his glory by being remember as the Dragon Reborn. he gets credit for finishing everything, and Rand is dead. thats why hes laughing. he proclaimed himself the Dragon Reborn, and was denied, but he winds up getting the rememberance. its also why in the dream rands face shatters. its a symbol that rand is not remembered as TDR. He loses his title in the end. *shrug* i like it because everyone wants rand to live happily ever after, and thats just not how life works. it would please me more for that to be the ending. with the creator acknowledging rands soul as completeing his task and allowing him to rest for a while.

Archived