DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lanfear trapped

Darian

If they manage to steal it from Moridin, then they can manage their own cour'souvra... assuming you are allowed to touch your own?

If they held on to them, they wouldn't be able to channel. From Moghedien's POV in A Crown of Swords, chapter 25:

Channeling too near your own cour'souvra was extremely painful, the nearer, the more the pain; this close, she did not think that she would survive a simple touch on the Source

("this close" refers to Shaidar Haran having it in the same room with her)

Moghedien is also not aware of any way to be released from a mindtrap (according to the same chapter), and obviously destroying it is not a good option for either of them.

So, if they did somehow possess them, about their only option would be to hide them somewhere, and it would have to be somewhere very safe and very secret. Cour'souvra are fragile, and they would not be able to weave any wards around them, because of the problems with channeling. And I don't think they would entrust anyone else to do it for them.

They're both pretty much screwed.

hmm, interesting, maybe they could swap crystals and each take the others, and stomp on them. lol.

but seriously, i was hoping lanfear try to retransform herself bodily in the dreamworld and then come back out...maybe a change of body would break the connection of the crystal. what do u guys+girls think? :roll:

Guest Barmacral

I doubt it, its already been confirmed that A soul can be transferred to new bodies, and the cour'souvra is pretty much a trap of the soul (although its called a mind trap).

Archived