DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How long did it take you to read WoT?

dawnflower8

I'm wondering how long it took everyone to read the entire Wheel of Time series. I know some people spent 23 years and read EotW when it first came out, and others read it in 2 weeks.

It took me a month and a half to read the entire series. I didn't read anything else during that time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11 or 12 years I think? I started in the early 2000's (was definitely reading by 2002 but may have started in 2001), and finished some weeks after AMoL came out, not because it took me weeks to read (it didn't) but because I was slow to pick it up.

I'm wondering how long it took everyone to read the entire Wheel of Time series. I know some people spent 23 years and read EotW when it first came out, and others read it in 2 weeks.

It took me a month and a half to read the entire series. I didn't read anything else during that time.

Are...are you kidding me? I've been reading Eye of the World for about three months (I'm probably finishing it this week, it may be noted).

do read quite slowly, though, once I've read something, I remember it all quite thoroughly. Meaning, I don't need to re-read things at later times.

21 years. I started in 1993, I think. And finished it the day after aMoL was released. If I do a complete reread I can do it about 5 or 6 weeks.

That's how long it took me to read them all one after another.

It took me 4 days to read AMoL though.

First & second times through the series, it was about 1 or 2 weeks each book.  First time through read Eye of the World through Gathering Storm; second time through read the prequel then the main series through Towers of Midnight.

Started first time through the year Robert Jordan died; I think within days after his death.  had breaks in between a number of the books then; weeks or months in between each purchase.

Started second time through almost immediately after first time through.  little or no breaks; had most of the books then.

Currently on my third time through; Shadow Rising.  started October 2013.  at times play on my computer in between pages/chapters; or watch DVDs.

Gotten Memory of Light some time ago.  skimmed through various scenes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

About one year for me.

I started around March last year and finished up in April of this year. Yes, I am a slow reader. But I wanted to make sure that I did not miss anything of Jordan's fantastic writing. However for aMoL, I did do a bit of speed reading(the only time I did this) during the battles scenes between the various armies. I just found those parts kind of boring, ironically.

In a few days I will purchase my final WOT book, A New Spring, to finally finish up this magnificent story.  Maybe if I only read it one page a day at a time, I can enjoy it for a full year.  LOL

You read the entire series in only a month and a half??  Holy crap. 

Well I've not finished yet -- I just completed reading Crossroads of Twilight this morning -- but at my current rate, it will take me around 7 months to read all 15 novels (including New Spring).  I only average maybe two hours of reading a day (which is way down from what I used to be able to do :sad:  ), so it generally takes me a while to get through a book, especially ones this size. 

I first picked it up in 1995 when I was fifteen from the school library on the recomendation of a friend. I couldn't put them down. I tried jumping ahead to book four because TDR was checked out but put it down right away because I didn't know who Falie was. I was too impatient to wait for TDR to come back and went and bought it instead. Then I caught up to A Crown of Swords and couldn't wait for the next one. I then would reread the series each time a new one was about to be released. So about 19 years.

It took me 19 years to read them first time, as they were published. Now they take me a month, since I am working. If I was not, then a week from the first to the last. I devour these books :) My co workers get into shock when they see me with them. My family get grumpy cause all I do is read, lol.

Ten years for me. I bought the two-volume edition of EotW (the one with the "Ravens" prologue) in 2003, when I was twelve, and took it on vacation with me. Needless to say it wasn't a good vacation read--far too interesting. I finished AMoL a couple of weeks after it came out (at age 22), because I was just starting a new quarter at college when it was released. If I hadn't been in school I would have finished it much faster.

• 4 weeks later...

I first read this series when I was twelve, and Crossroads of Twilight had come out shortly before I found the first book. Since I was in school at the time it took me about a week per book unless I had a weekend to power through.

So from the when I first picked the books up until AMOL came out... Ten years. Wow. 

When KOD and on came out I remember it taking about 2-3 days per book, but I was barely remembering to eat or drink. My poor husband, when I was reading AMOL I think halfway through the book I just refused to sleep, and it was like 10am and he comes into the room where I am just weeping uncontrollably and is like;

"WTH?! Did you never GO TO SLEEP?"

And I'm like.... "Yes?" *sobs some more*

Yup. Ten years. Wow. I mean these books defined my teenage years in so many ways, it awes me when I think that the first two books were published before I was born. God I love this series.

Archived